Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #1

We are currently at Willow Lakes RV Resort in Titusville FL. I am have problems with the store function of my jacks. I can extend them to level the coach but when I attempt to retract then with the store function, nothing hapends. I can't more the coach until I get the jack retracted. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Suncruiser Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #2

We are currently at Willow Lakes RV Resort in Titusville FL. I am have problems with the store function of my jacks. I can extend them to level the coach but when I attempt to retract then with the store function, nothing hapends. I can't more the coach until I get the jack retracted. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 01-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Suncruiserron,
Sorry to hear about your problems. First of all here is the link to get the service bulletines to HWH jacks
HWH Service

Are they all the jacks or just one. Each jack has a solenoid, for emergency's you can open the solenoid either by the t-handle on the front or tey will have a small nut on each solenoid. You can use your reservoir cap to loosen nut which should allow the jack o come up. In the manuals you should be able to figure out what system you have, and to diagnose it.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #4

Ron As Lenny has said, On My KS, it is a HWH 325, There will be 4 selinoids, The outer 2 will be larger with T handles for the rear Jacks, The inner 2 have nuts and are for the front Jacks. This unit is in the front of the Coach beside the generator.

Rick
Old 01-19-2008, 03:12 AM   #5

It's not something simple, like not having the key in the accessory position, is it?
BCook57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:38 AM   #6

On mine if you release the parking brake, they will go into emergency retract, though that probally will not work for you, as it sounds like a power issue, check for a blown fuse.
Hillbilly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:58 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BCook57:
It's not something simple, like not having the key in the accessory position, is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 01-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #8

As we had driven through some sloppy roads (Slush with lots of salt) I tried rinsing the HWH system (behind grill) with fresh water and by cycling the on/store button several times the jack retracted normally. Hopefully this will resolve the problem. As we are parked in Vero Beach for a week, will try them again next weekend. Thanks to all who replied
Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Doesnt sound like this is your problem but I will throw it out here anyways.

My jacks and slides would not work at all. No hydrolic function what so ever. It was simply a loose cable on the pump. Tightened it up and all was well.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #10

Ron, I know I am jumping in here a day late and maybe a dollor short but, when my jacks acted that way the Tech guy lifted the dash and unplugged the pulgs on the back of the HWH control board. He then repluged them back in and all has been well for a year now. He said it was probly the contacts in the plugs and by doing what he did it reseated them. If you still have the problem, you might want to give it a try. I see we have basicly the same motorhome.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #11

Hey Ron The 'JOys' of the Great White North (Salt and Slush)
Old 01-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
This happened to us and we had a bad "Shuttle Valve". I did the on off stuff too a couple of times. The shuttle valve sits on top of the mainifold that all the solenoids screw into. I think it is the seccond nut in and is either a 13mm or 15mm.

If this happens again loosen that nut, a little fluid will come out and you will hear a mechanical click, the jacks will retract if your Shutttle Valve is bad.

I think IIRC, I paid around $50 for a new valve from HWH. BTW opening the solenoids didn't retract the jacks for us.

I messed around under the coach in the rain for over an hour before my DW suggested I "call a friend". Dave told me immediately what was wrong. Patty was very kind