Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I noticed on Amazon that there is the normal 303 Protectant and also the Speed Detailer, which is also 303....anyone use that? If so, which is best? I have a new coach and I'm also confused about what to use, but TdogKing makes a convincing argument about 303!
Al
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdogKing
Jake, like I've said I've used it on everything with great results since 2001. My coach is a Bounder with Fiberglas sides, but I've used it on other painted surfaces. My coach was is good shape when I bought it so it wasn't dull and I've kept it protected with 303 since. Water beads up on the surface and thats how I tell when its time to protect in again. Buy a small bottle and give it a try and see for yourself, its does a great job with easy on/off and you can use it for the whole coach no matter what its made of. I haven't come across anything I wish I didn't put it on.
Cool. I have used 303 on stuff for years, but never paint. The closest I got to that was on the gel pat of a ski boat. I will give it a try.
J
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #17

use wax, like Amour All's new Extreme Shield....rain-x is for glass. Although rain-x brand makes wax as well
Jon Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In case you have a high gloss, gel coat finish, like me, here is an email I just got from Armor-All....they recommend that this NOT be used...
Al

Reference Number: 8011080
Dear Mr. Moser,
Thank you for contacting us about your Armor All Ultra Shine Butter Smooth Wax. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers. We would not recommend you use this on a gel coat finish.
Also, the wax needs to be applied in small sections and could take quite some time to do an RV.
Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Victoria Wolf
Consumer Response Representative
Consumer Services
Old 07-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #19

^ Armour All's "Extreme Shield" works good on gel coat....it contains no abrasives, and you don't let it dry to a haze then buff off. It won't remove oxidization or contaminants, as it is merely a protective coating, nothing more
Old 07-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had actually asked about extreme shield and gel coat, and they named the wrong product in error. When I inquired about it, here's the response I got....do they just give a conservative answer because they are not sure?
Al

---------------
Reference Number: 8011080
Dear Mr. Moser,
Thank you for contacting us about your Armor All Extreme Shield Wax. I do apologize, I forgot to change the product name. The answer that I sent was for the new Extreme Wax.

We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.
Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Victoria Wolf
Consumer Response Representative
Consumer Services

----------------
Date: July 25, 2012 9:16:35 AM PDT
To: Armor All Consumer Services <armorall@consumerreply.com>
Subject: Re: Reference Number: 8011080

Victoria, my question was about the new Extreme Shield, rather than the product mentioned below....
Al
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #21

Buy it and try it on a small area. It's cheap, and if you dont like it, you can either take it back or keep it for the car. My motorhome has glass smooth panels mind you, but it works so easy...you just wipe on a small section, then wipe off immediately, no dry time needed. I use it to protect against bugs. It's not really made to fill scratches and give a high luster shine, rather just to protect (so if your MH is dull, it wont look much different afterwards). If you MH is really faded, any wax will actually make it look blotchy, so polishing with an ixidization recover is recommended first.

I suspect they weren't sure if it was safe for RVs... "no" is always the safest answer.