Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
VacuFlush Hammering

Several Vacuflush threads popping up but haven't seen my problem so rather than hijack one I'll start another.

2016 Bounder 34T Anniversary Edition about 40 days old. The Vacuflush starts hammering LOUD the last 10-15 seconds of the cycle.

On the walk through rep said to hold down flush for a ten count. Manual says three seconds. We followed rep suggestion. Kept getting hammer at the last five seconds or so. Increased bowl water with some improvement. DW is very careful on TP use, water level and hold times. I don't need the TP most of time, But I too increased water and hold times.

Rig sat for about 10 days and took off. The hammering has increased to the last 10-15 seconds or more. Sounds like someone hitting the outside wall with a mallet. Ran 10+ bowls of water through thinking maybe a blockage with no change. Did it again a few hours later with the same results.

Talked to dealer about it as need to get some other things taken care of and he had less ideas than a moron and couple weeks till I can get it in. I figured there may be something loose so decided to take off the access panel but a T15 is too small and a T20 is too large. At this point I said #%>, not feeling like forcing them with a screwdriver or drilling them out.

DW is panicked that the throne will crap out next week while we are out and I'm not too happy about that prospect either.

Google doesn't seem to have ideas so hoping someone here will.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2016, 03:28 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
First off the fasteners are not torx but and 8 point #2 Roberts head (square bit). You could have loose plumbing or even a tank causing the banging. Good luck and keep us posted.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Wizard View Post
First off the fasteners are not torx but and 8 point #2 Roberts head (square bit). You could have loose plumbing or even a tank causing the banging. Good luck and keep us posted.
Well the first thing I discovered is that the fasteners are square. Man do I feel stupid. Guess I need new glasses.

Spent some time in the compartment and couldn't find anything loose. The hammering seems to be coming from the motor area. Hope someone has more ideas.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"RRR"......My sister has a new Southwind with a vacuflush toilet.....personally it would make me crazy. If it were mine, I would pull the toilet, dump the vacuflush and install a macerator toilet. You could remove the huge vacuflsh unit and gain some storage space.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Our friends have a vacuflush in their Fleetwood and it had the same problem. He wound up putting a rubber pad under the motor base, then wrapping the entire motor and pump with sound deadening material. It still makes a little noise, but you can't hear it two camp sites over now.
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport and/or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:06 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Should not be making that sort of noise. Good luck with the dealer. Hope it's not Lazydays . I had a nightmare with them trying to get warranty work. You'd be better served having a list and going to the service center.
My vacu flush was cycling every 4 hours or so. Turned out to be a cracked toilet seal. No hammering though.
Let us know how it turns out
Old 08-05-2016, 06:28 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hammering= cracked bellows or vaccum too high over 10.5 or connecting rod bolt loose. All require taking it apart, or adjusting high limit on switch.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid rick View Post
Hammering= cracked bellows or vaccum too high over 10.5 or connecting rod bolt loose. All require taking it apart, or adjusting high limit on switch.
Thanks. Not due into my dealer till 8/23 so I'll see what happens. There is a service center about 100 miles away if dealer can't fix. I'll follow up.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:19 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Probably nothing to do with the hammering, but 10 seconds is too long to hold the pedal down. Follow the manufacturer's operating instructions.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #10
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Probably nothing to do with the hammering, but 10 seconds is too long to hold the pedal down. Follow the manufacturer's operating instructions.
Been from the recommended three seconds to fifteen trying to see if make difference. Nope just gotta dump sooner. Thanks
Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine has run perfect for three years until about 2 months ago. Mine now has the same hammering your talking about. After a flush (holding down pedal for 3 -5 seconds, it starts hammering rhythmically until it stops and the light turns green. Sounds like someone is pounding on the floor with a hammer. I was praying it made it through our recent 10 day trip and it did. I haven't torn into it yet and am not looking forward to it. It started after the DW clogged it. The clog eventually worked its way out but then the hammering began. Im going to dump the tank and then run a good amount of water and detergent through the system to clean it as best as possible. If its the bellows, am I going to run into an area filled with nasty stuff leaking everywhere? What else could be the problem?