Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Next get some pvc pipe to create an additional extension if desired.

I used two 10 ft pipes, cut in half for basement storage, and put fittings on each open end that allows all four pieces to be screwed together and slipped to the end of the SS hose and then the SS foot. No PVC glue necessary.

I also used fittings that would close the ends when in storage to avoid any drips inside the rig.

Enjoy
Neat idea. What kind of valve did you get? Avail at Home Depot or Lowes? I'm thinking that it would be neat to connect to the the flexible Valterra hose (with or without the PVC lengths) just prior to the piece that attaches to the campground dump. Then after dumping and rinsing, close the valve, and away you go!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
Next get some pvc pipe to create an additional extension if desired.

I used two 10 ft pipes, cut in half for basement storage, and put fittings on each open end that allows all four pieces to be screwed together and slipped to the end of the SS hose and then the SS foot. No PVC glue necessary.

I also used fittings that would close the ends when in storage to avoid any drips inside the rig.

Enjoy
X2
With the PVC extension, I can reach more than 40 ft. If required, a system can be fabricated to reach much longer.

Great system!
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
Neat idea. What kind of valve did you get? Avail at Home Depot or Lowes? I'm thinking that it would be neat to connect to the the flexible Valterra hose (with or without the PVC lengths) just prior to the piece that attaches to the campground dump. Then after dumping and rinsing, close the valve, and away you go!
I use no additional valve. Trying to keep it simple.

All the fittings are at HD, Lowes, ACE or any other hardware store.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #18

I've used a SS for 5-6 years and like it. It stays clipped onto my dump valve always. I never ever used the outside shower that's in the same compartment so I removed the shower head and hose and adapted it the a male hose end and I keep a short water hose to hooked it up. I've had to use my own water to dump only one time and yes, it's slower but it still worked just fine. I carry a handful of adapters, hoses, clamps etc anyway because out on the road you find a little something different at dump stations.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:57 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
I had a project this week that required me to remove the panel in my wet bay (fresh water hose replacement) . My coach cam with a Sani Con that I have hated from day one. The issue was in my coach the Sani Con was installed above the dump outlet, it is to be installed below the outlet because it works off gravity. Since I had everything exposed I tackled the job of relocating the Sani Con. Well, there is nowhere to install it below the dump outlet. I need something like the Sani Con because at my home in Fla I dump my tanks into my homes septic, the closest clean out is 100ft away. I ordered the Sewer Solution, went to Lowe's and made a adapter for a 3/4 inch garden hose. Yesterday was the first day of use. I love it! I did 3 test to see if the claims ( 15PSI is all that's required to work).

First test: Direct hookup to water source. The "jet" really does pulverize everything without issue. Flow at the end of the hose 125ft away was a steady flow.

Second Test: Ran a short piece of hose from my wet bays spigot to the Sewer Solution. As we all know, the water pressure is much less than that of a direct hookup. Results...................same as above.

Third Test: Using my on board fresh water and pump. Results..............worked fine.

So I am going to do a bit of plumbing today and hook up the Sewer Solution to its own dedicated water supply and will use this from now on. The darn thing works and works well.
Reelgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:44 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Use of water for rinsing:

On the tanks, it does not matter which system you use SS, Macerator or 3" (But you get a better rinse with the 3 inch).

With the macerator I might use a gallon or 3 flushing the line at the end of a hookup... I do not flush the line till I am ready to unhook. Very little water is used compared to the SS.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:15 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm quite happy with a Flojet portable macerator. I wired a 12v line from a spare position on the DC panel that's right above the sewer bay so it's easy to plug in when I want to use it. It pumps anywhere including uphill when the sewer hookup isn't located well, or into a toilet trap at the house if I get home and want to clean out the tanks. (Using a toilet trap guarantees you'll pump uphill -- the first floor is at least two feet higher than the MH sewer drain, plus I have to snake the hose up through a window, which adds another foot or two of height. Never any problem. There's a built-in backflush fitting for a regular hose; I run some water back into the tank to rinse and flush, but I suspect it uses less water than when I've had to to flush and rinse the tank top-down with a wand in the toilet drain.