Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2010, 05:18 AM   #1

Valve extenders for F53, 19.5 wheels

I have a 2007 F53, 22k chassis under out Daybreak. Would like to add valve extensions to the wheels to make checking tire pressures easy. The wheels are the Ford steel 19.5 x 6.75 with 5 windows. I am over 6000 miles away from the coach at the moment and even if there would have to remove the rear wheel to see what I need.

Has anyone added valve extensions to these wheels that fit and work well? I would prefer the short solid ones, not the flex hoses but do not know if i need 45s, 90s, 135s or some of each...

Anyone been there and done that and can make a recomendation? Would like to have them shipped to my home so I can install when I get there.

Thanks guys!

James
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
I got mine directly from Dicor... They have solid or braided hose along with their wheel covers. Tell them what you have... they'll know what you need.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #3

JC, my advice is to go to this web site to check out the Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System: Dual Dynamics

I bought a pair of them two years ago, and I am delighted! Note that you can purchase Crossfires that will accommodate Pressure Pro TPMS, which I also have installed.

Contact Ed Donley @ 800 774 1944 for good pricing.

Safe travels.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I picked mine up from CW. Had to go back a second time for the correct angle on rear duels but was not a big problem. Cheap enough to have the spares.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am going to buy these Dually Valve when I replace my tires.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
JC, my advice is to go to this web site to check out the Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System: Dual Dynamics

I bought a pair of them two years ago, and I am delighted! Note that you can purchase Crossfires that will accommodate Pressure Pro TPMS, which I also have installed.

Contact Ed Donley @ 800 774 1944 for good pricing.

Safe travels.
I ordered a pair of Crossfire for a Class A with the Ford Chassis and Alcoa aluminum rims. I was assured in an email they would fit the Alcoa rims. I ordered, on arrival they did not fit so ended up paying the shipping both ways after I was told they would fit.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo View Post
I ordered a pair of Crossfire for a Class A with the Ford Chassis and Alcoa aluminum rims. I was assured in an email they would fit the Alcoa rims. I ordered, on arrival they did not fit so ended up paying the shipping both ways after I was told they would fit.
Zippo,

I am sorry to hear that -- I don't have Alcoa's, so did not have the problem.

Safe travels,

FRank
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dually Valves are the only way to fly!
George
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
I am going to buy these Dually Valve when I replace my tires.
I had these on our first motorhome and just installed them on our new rig. They are the best.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Another vote for Dually Valves. No extenstions to mess with! And their service is great too.

NOTE: You will need to know the wheel manufacturer in order to get the correct stabilizer rubber for the innner rear. If you do not know, trace the opening very carefully and fax or email to Dually Valve. They'll figure it out for you.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #11

I bought the ones from Dicor specific for the wheel covers supplied with the chassis. They are a perfect fit, require no cutting, drilling or rivets. I installed my Hopkins TPMS sensors on the stems and have no leakage and easy access for adding air when needed. Could not have asked for a better solution. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #12

I have a 02 Bounder, on my way back home from spending the winter in FL I got to the first fuel stop, and I always walk around and check the tires I had also done this before we left, would you know the out side tire on the left side was almost flat, the valve stem extender had worked loose and let the air escape at the time I had no way of removing the wheel cover to remove the extender, had to have road service 85 dollars for five min of work. No More Extenders. wcombs34.
wcombs34 is offline   Reply With Quote