Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Vehicle Registration not accepted by Ford

We purchased a new 2008 class A Dolphin motor home from a Tucson dealer in Jan 2009. We are Canadian citizens and this was a cash deal at the time and all paperwork was legitimately completed. We returned home shortly after and just recently prepared to head South as Snowbirds usually do. I have made inquiries regarding the registration of our unit and was advised by Ford motorhome division in California that as Canadian citizens, our contract was not accepted. The dealer had submitted form SCS900 to Ford and it was returned to them as 'rejected' due to our being Canadian. I am puzzled. What has my nationality got to do with this?? Can anyone supply answers or suggestions on this?? Many Canadians have been purchasing RV's in the past year and I can't believe they have been told the same thing.
seumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 AM   #2

I would call Ford customer service and start there. Your dealer should certainly be involved in anything that takes place here after. I think you can be certain it is not because your Canadian.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Ford has absolutely NOTHING to do with vehicle registration and wouldn't care where your from. If you purchased in Arizona and took possession there you would have to pay state sales tax but you should have been given a temporary travel permit to get your new rig home and register it there.
That dealer is NOT telling you the truth and we would like to know who it is so we can pass the word to avoid them.
If your a member of Good Sam... they have a complaint department that will step in and help you get it straightened out. It's simple to do and it's right on their web page.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My Ford chassis is in the Ford system, butI can't put it in by vin # into the Ford Owners web site as my vehicle. It tells me that it was sold to a after market customer ( National RV ) I even called Ford RV owners support and they can't get it right.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Possibly because Ford sold the chassis to National and didn't get paid for it they may not honor the warranty? I've seen that happen with other vendors. Not sure if Ford does the same.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you read the fine print on the offer it MIGHT say "Limited to US Citizens" or "Offer only in the US" or some such.

Now, my way of thinking, If you bought it in the US you should get the rebate... But,,,, My name is NOT ford and my opinion and (insert current cost of a cup of coffee) will get you exactly one cup of coffee
Old 10-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Possibly because Ford sold the chassis to National and didn't get paid for it they may not honor the warranty? I've seen that happen with other vendors. Not sure if Ford does the same.
Mark I just ask about you last night on the Irv2.com sticky concerning early posters. I had not seen your name online in a long time. Glad to see you are still on the job. Homer
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #8

I had the problem that my unit was registered using its 12 digit model # instead of the 14 digit VIN. Now, dealers who want to service it for example can't use the 12 digit #. I also have the problem that there could be more than one vehicle out there with the exact same 12 digit registration #. But, it has been that way for years and Vehicle registration told me to leave well enough alone.

Just a remote possibility that the rejection was because the dealer submitted the wrong number to Ford????
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I think we finally resolved the problem. The dealer sent the original SCS900 form to the wrong Ford dept. The dealer sent the form to the Ford RV Motorhome division in CA a few weeks ago, and not only was the registration corrected, they changed the original in-service date from when National put the coach on to the Ford chassis, they revised the in-service date to the date we, as the original first time buyer of the motorhome, actually purchased the unit, which gives us the full Ford warranty.
seumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Glad it got resolved favorably. I figured somebody must have screwed up on the original application for the warranty.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote