Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #1

Vent covers for 2004 National Seabreeze

we have 2 overhead vents in our 2004 national seabreeze that we recently purchased and wanted to put the vent covers over the vents on the roof, but the regular covers are larger than those on the seabreeze and are not compatiable, are there any vent covers for the seabreeze or just the little lids that came with the motorhome. we like to leave our bathroom vent open most of the time and miss having the covers. thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #2

What type of vent covers are you talking about. I have the MaxxAir vent cover on my bathroom ceiling vent. The MH vent is ~ 14 inches wide and the MaxxAir fits nicely over the vent on the roof. I can leave the vent open all the time. Is this the type of "vent cover" you are talking about?

Cheers!

Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #3

Hi Faye, the SeaBreeze you have will have one of 3 brands of vent covers. They all very a bit by the hinge style and the opening bar. It would be best to either photo what you have or take it into a store for a match. The "MaxxAire" covers are a great thing to use as well.
Later,
Old 10-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #4

vent covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedLancer View Post
What type of vent covers are you talking about. I have the MaxxAir vent cover on my bathroom ceiling vent. The MH vent is ~ 14 inches wide and the MaxxAir fits nicely over the vent on the roof. I can leave the vent open all the time. Is this the type of "vent cover" you are talking about?

Cheers!
we are looking for the maxair type to cover the bathroom vent so that we can leave it open. on our 2004 seabreeze, we purchased one from camping world, but the cover is much larger and the holes will not line up for the maxair to be installed over the old crank up lid type cover we would have to drill new holes in the fiberglass roof and my husband does not want to do this...what i'm asking for those with the 2004 national seabreeze,,,,is there a vent cover like the maxair that will fit the seabreeze vent openings that we can order?? thanks to all that responded and if anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:53 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Perhaps this

Amazon.com: MAXXAIR VENT CORP 00-225001 MAXX BRACKET KIT: Automotive
can make your vent cover work without drilling holes in your roof.

Dick
Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #6

thanks to all for the info which was very helpful and solved our installation problem. thanks again
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 2005 Seabreeze I used the Max air cover over the fan, and the regular covers that CW sold for the other vents.
Lascar
lascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #8

Faye

Are you sure you are trying to install these correctly?? The ones I have come with stainless angle brackets that attach to the original metal vent housing vertical portion that is raised above the roof. The covers then attach to these brackets, through the slotted holes in the bracket, no holes in the roof required. They do not sit on the roof but about 1/4 inch above it.

And yes, they do stop the original cover from opening as much as it did before, but this should not be a problem as it is still open sufficiently open.