Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #1

I have a 2004 Dolphin on a w22 (late 2003 version). I have had handleing issues since my new purchase in 10/2004. I have made several upgrades one at a time. Davis track bar front, roadmaster sway bar in rear 3 t's RV anti-rock (air shocks in rear) 3 t's stear safe, bilstien shocks all around, roadmaster sway bar in front. Finally it will corner and go through a drive in a service station wthout rocking 6 or 7 times. But now it feels like it's botteming out, it just pounds on a rough road and hops on the pavement joints. The weight is good according to Workhorse. Will air bags all around help?
Incidently, workhorse has done nothing although I've always gone through them. (Well they did put monroes on the front a few months after purchase). They even blame the body builder, then me for not building it right and for not loading it right. Speaking with them is a waste of time, unless you count feeling like their whiping boy worth while. My cabinets are being pounded apart and the dash bounces so bad you cannot read the gauges.
What do you think about air bags? Which ones?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #2

I have a 2004 Dolphin on a w22 (late 2003 version). I have had handleing issues since my new purchase in 10/2004. I have made several upgrades one at a time. Davis track bar front, roadmaster sway bar in rear 3 t's RV anti-rock (air shocks in rear) 3 t's stear safe, bilstien shocks all around, roadmaster sway bar in front. Finally it will corner and go through a drive in a service station wthout rocking 6 or 7 times. But now it feels like it's botteming out, it just pounds on a rough road and hops on the pavement joints. The weight is good according to Workhorse. Will air bags all around help?
Incidently, workhorse has done nothing although I've always gone through them. (Well they did put monroes on the front a few months after purchase). They even blame the body builder, then me for not building it right and for not loading it right. Speaking with them is a waste of time, unless you count feeling like their whiping boy worth while. My cabinets are being pounded apart and the dash bounces so bad you cannot read the gauges.
What do you think about air bags? Which ones?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash Venne:
What do you think about air bags? Which ones? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I can not endorse any air bag system that will keep your suspension from hopping or bottoming out. It is likely that the components that have been added may not be the correct suspension upgrade units that you need and what may be happening is that although the suspension has improved handling you may have removed the suspension from the vehicle and it seems to be fighting you to regain its vertical travel.

If you find yourself out in Redlands, CA please go and see our good friends at Redlands Truck and RV Performance Center. They are indeed suspension technicians and they can get your Workhorse to handle exceptionally well.

Rather than spend any more money at this time, spend the time to get to know Keith and all the guys at Redlands. You'll be happy you did.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
JCM

Triple E Owners Club
Consider Firestone rear air bags. All Triple E units come with them. I have them and they help controll rear bounce. Now Triple E puts them on the front of the longer units (37 F).
Run them with 65lbs at first then go up 5 lbs at a time until you feel more stable then go back down till it feels more "sloppy", then go back up to where it felt best (70-85lbs). I put an auxillary guage and pump in the front and can compensate for full water and gas or if lighter. I can even blow the right side up 5 lbs more and stop the pull on a high crown road.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #5

I foregot to mention that at rest it sits on the jounce bumper on all four corners.