Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Communication Battles

[QUOTE=gruelens;1916068]We lived aboard a boat 5 years and learned of the "marriage saver" headsets. Work very well and affordable.

LOL
Headsets or not (and contrary to Womanship Sailing that says "There's no yelling in Sailing") the boat has been drydocked for 5 years and I am hoping these issues are not revisited with the Anthem!

We are looking at: [URL="http://www.cardosystems.com/cardo-bk"] as we are also cyclists and are considering cross purpose uses.

C & E in an EC

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #30

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fernandez View Post
If you each have a cell phone you can talk to each other while backing and the driver can be on bluetooth for hands free driving.
What if you are in the land of "NO SIGNAL"? (NO Service is what My phone says under those conditions).

Old 02-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would not waste your money on the cheaper FRS/GMRS radios. We have had miserable service from the lower priced lines.

Ken
Old 02-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I would not waste your money on the cheaper FRS/GMRS radios. We have had miserable service from the lower priced lines. Ken
What happened to them? Just plain stop working?
Old 02-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Has anyone tried the My Team Talks Bluetooth headsets? Here's a URL for them: https://cruisingsolutions.com/produc...ooth-headsets/

Looks like they are about the same price as the Cardo-BK, but with a more traditional design.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPro View Post
Has anyone tried the My Team Talks Bluetooth headsets? Here's a URL for them: https://cruisingsolutions.com/produc...ooth-headsets/ Looks like they are about the same price as the Cardo-BK, but with a more traditional design.
Seems like the "marriage saver" headsets from the same company are a much better buy at $100 cheaper !
Old 02-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #35
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
All great suggestions and since I am in the telecommunications field I could go on for pages.

However: IF you CANNOT see your spotter. STOP. Move at sub turtle speed. You do not need to impress anyone, especially the insurance company.

Have your spotter stand at your target place. Stop and get out. Look around. Be patient. DO NOT rely on any good Samaritans that try to help.

Start over when necessary.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #36

We tried walkie talkies and such but they are half-duplex systems only one person can talk at a time.

We found that a cordless telephone and base station used in intercom mode worked great (base powered off the inverter). Full duplex and had an old set we weren't using so cheap.

97 Beaver Patriot, Cat 3126, Aqua Hot
StevenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello all,
I'm enjoying following this thread about two way radio recomendations. Myself and my group are interseted in campground communications. What works and what doesn't. I walk the site and place small cones out and back into position, as a truck driver (rolloff) I know to look up down and all around including what the ground surface looks like.

Thanks.
Trashman
1998 winnebago 2005 softail duece.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
Marriage Savers are AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Seems like the "marriage saver" headsets from the same company are a much better buy at $100 cheaper !
Problem is that these sound like AM sets, which tend to be susceptible to interference and crosstalk. Bluetooth units shouldn't have those problems.

I also have a spare cordless home phone system, but then we have two components - headset and handset - if we want both hands free for signalling and driving.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:32 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPro View Post
Problem is that these sound like AM sets, which tend to be susceptible to interference and crosstalk.
How many sources of interference have you seen out in the woods - lol :-)

Also my experience with Bluetooth headsets for my phone has been terrible ( tried multiple units with different phones over the years)...I never heard so many buzzes, squawks, screeches, and echoes in my life !
Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #40

There is no better system other than if you cant see your spotter you stop until you do.....
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
We have used these for years Purchase the Midland GMRS Radio, LXT118 for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better. and they work great.
Her job is to watch 360 deg and alert me of any dangers that I can't see, Most all the time I have got out and inspected the area and know just where I am going and dealing with. She is just a backup with communication. I do not need to see her, that is why she has a radio and she stays in constant communication with me till stopped.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Agreed, cell phones here as well.
Ditto.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio