Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #15

The Walmart in Jacksonville, Fl at 6767 103rd St. is listed as no overnight RV parking. This store is located just off of I295. When at the store I ask the store manage if RV over night parking was allowed. He said he allows over night parking. They would like for people to be gone by 7am. They also allow tractor trailer over night parking also. Their number is 904-772-0011. To get to the store go east on 103rd St about 150 yards. There is a light that you will turn left into the mall area. Walmart is all the way to the back. There are also places to eat.
koda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
I haven't had the oppurtunity to stay at Wal Mart yet,but plan too because over last 43 years of marriage we have spent many of $'s and if they allow I will enjoy and so sorry one of the members seems to be getting upset as usual! "LOL"
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:47 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WalMart will eventually learn that they can make money by charging for overnight stays.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am waiting for Walmart to put in a dump station and a few electric hook ups and charge for the services.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I am waiting for Walmart to put in a dump station and a few electric hook ups and charge for the services.

Ken
Lets see..if they charged me $50 and not allowed me in the store I think I would come out ahead.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
ElkhartJim: Amen to that!!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #21

I always felt uncomfortable with over nighting at Walmart. On two occasions while traveling even though we made reservations, I was shut out of an RV park facility. I looked and called for hours no one had space. It was a holiday weekend. I ended up finally parking in a Walmart lot and never unhooked. There were, however, people parked there with their awning out and lawn chairs set up Bar B Q ing as if it were a campground. I knew then that it was only a matter of time.
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #22

HMMmmmm - odd how so many RVing folks spend all those MANY "extra" $$$$ when camping at Walmart that they absolutely would NOT have bought if they hadn't parked the RV out on the parking lot overnight...

For us, the stuff we buy at Walmart while on the road, is not "extra", or anything that would in truth offer Walmart any "RVers bonus" for our overnite stay, but rather, mostly the plain old stuff we would have bought at Walmart ANYWAY, RV or not.

We certainly don't buy clothes we don't need at Walmart - or tools, or groceries - and we sure don't have a large accumulation of stuff back home of stuff we didn't really want or need, but bought ONLY as our way of saying "THANKS Walmart, for the use of your parking lot"...

Makes me sorta wonder who's trying to kid who here, as to all that "extra money" Walmart is making off overnighting RVers - you know, sorta like rationalization, or trying to convince ourselves or others that we actually PAID for that overnight stay......
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I am always amazed by the people that abuse the kindness of others. To set up camp in a WalMart parking lot is just low-life. Maybe we should start taking pictures of these low-lifes and posting them in a thread titled "WalMart Homesteaders". We don't have to be slanderous or rude about it Tbut just make it visable. We don't need to read the license plate but just make it an anonomous picture. These 1%ers are just ruining it for the rest of us that only want an overnight rest and even provide some income to WalMart. I mean who stays in the parking lot and doesn't go into WalMart? Guess I got carried away a little. I just erks me when people abuse kindness. And I bet they are the 1st to rant and rave when a WalMart says no overnights too. OK....Take a breath......Relax
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
HMMmmmm - odd how so many RVing folks spend all those MANY "extra" $$$$ when camping at Walmart that they absolutely would NOT have bought if they hadn't parked the RV out on the parking lot overnight...

For us, the stuff we buy at Walmart while on the road, is not "extra", or anything that would in truth offer Walmart any "RVers bonus" for our overnite stay, but rather, mostly the plain old stuff we would have bought at Walmart ANYWAY, RV or not.

We certainly don't buy clothes we don't need at Walmart - or tools, or groceries - and we sure don't have a large accumulation of stuff back home of stuff we didn't really want or need, but bought ONLY as our way of saying "THANKS Walmart, for the use of your parking lot"...

Makes me sorta wonder who's trying to kid who here, as to all that "extra money" Walmart is making off overnighting RVers - you know, sorta like rationalization, or trying to convince ourselves or others that we actually PAID for that overnight stay......
Since I can shop at many places, if I park at Wal-Mart I am much more likely to shop there than somewhere that I cannot (or am not sure I can) park.
You can whistle all you like, but if I stay at Wal-Mart because I know that I can and I don't stay somewhere else because I am not sure I am welcome, Wal-Mart makes extra income because of my choice.
You may not be buying stuff you don't need, but the choice of where you buy the things you do need is quite vast. Wal-Mart gets my business everytime when I am parked in their parking lot.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #25

We stayed at a Walmart in MI last month. We did a little shopping in the store, at the check out I asked for the manager. The manager showed up as we just finished being checked out and I thanked her for allowing us to spend the night. The cart was full and over $300.00 worth. Yes, dw went crazy again. Now if that will not show them we are worth a little out of the way black top for the night and appreciate it I am not sure what will. By the way I will extend my slides and jacks if not level. I be bad!!!! If you only know what my wife spends at walmart here at home you would also.

I think all rv'ers should call for the manager when in the store at check out time and thank them so they know how we support them for allowing us to park for the night. They see us when they go home anyways.

I agree with not taking up camp but disagree with not extending slides.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #26

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchStar38 View Post
I am always amazed by the people that abuse the kindness of others. To set up camp in a WalMart parking lot is just low-life. Maybe we should start taking pictures of these low-lifes and posting them in a thread titled "WalMart Homesteaders". We don't have to be slanderous or rude about it Tbut just make it visable. We don't need to read the license plate but just make it an anonomous picture. These 1%ers are just ruining it for the rest of us that only want an overnight rest and even provide some income to WalMart. I mean who stays in the parking lot and doesn't go into WalMart? Guess I got carried away a little. I just erks me when people abuse kindness. And I bet they are the 1st to rant and rave when a WalMart says no overnights too. OK....Take a breath......Relax
A friend of mine brother works for a company that does inventory for the big box stores including Wally World. They have a 5th wheel and stay on the lot when they are working and have several co-workers that do the same. So maybe they are and maybe they are not "Homesteaders". I asked one time at the KMart store who was staying in 3 airstream trailers on the side of the store on the Outer Banks and they told me they were contractors doing reshelfing. The only reason I asked was because they were such nice rigs with pullers. The Outer Banks is rv friendly at Walmart and Kmart. Happy Trails...
FATMANAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
Well I guess I was always an oddball but yes we do spend, but far from a four figure bracket. Yep trip before last I came home with 4 pair of shoes I like but our WM doesn't stock them. We bought clothes sleeping bags chairs while on the trips. Last trip I came back with a bundle of Led light fixtures, tried one at a WM and was impressed so I bought 6 more that took care of a C note. They'll be wired in before we leave on our next outing.
Now having said that I can assure all that when I shop I do it for our own benefit. (not to pay as a reward for being allowed to park overnight). When we stop for the night there's little else to do but look through the stores looking for that one useful item not seen elsewhere. That's very difficult as most WM stores stock all the same items but it passes the time and saves money as there's no sense buying more of what you already have unless you want more of them
Just love Wal Mart threads eh!
Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
Well I guess I was always an oddball but yes we do spend, but far from a four figure bracket. Yep trip before last I came home with 4 pair of shoes I like but our WM doesn't stock them. We bought clothes sleeping bags chairs while on the trips. Last trip I came back with a bundle of Led light fixtures, tried one at a WM and was impressed so I bought 6 more that took care of a C note. They'll be wired in before we leave on our next outing.
Now having said that I can assure all that when I shop I do it for our own benefit. (not to pay as a reward for being allowed to park overnight). When we stop for the night there's little else to do but look through the stores looking for that one useful item not seen elsewhere. That's very difficult as most WM stores stock all the same items but it passes the time and saves money as there's no sense buying more of what you already have unless you want more of them
Cheers
Willey
Quote:
Absolutely - always good for a few facts, LOTS of fiction, and a fair number of laughs!

Just not good threads for the thin-skinned or politically correct!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote