Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #71

Ford Super Duty Owner
All good points but the biggest reason the quality of almost everything mechanical has gone down is the sourcing of so many components to China.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #72

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Our 1982 PA has gotten us home from every trip so far and everything works except one marker light, all it take's is a tap with my cane and on she goes for a few miles. Going to change to led this spring (if it ever gets here )
Toy-tie, straight drop into Blk tank, must have water to flush anything blk tank included so keep the valve closed until ready to UN-load
Same goes as when I boated on the St.Croix River if you can't pay don't play.
Same for Classic Cars.
O-Golfing too...
You can't take it with you (well you could) so spend spend spend. I say. I could drop dead tonight. But I will have a smile on my face not a
JMO,tb

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #73

Winnebago Owners Club
Color me crazy! But I love my rig and also repairing anything that goes wrong with it.
Jesse
Jbmsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:03 AM   #74

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
You can't take it with you (well you could) so spend spend spend. I say. I could drop dead tonight. But I will have a smile on my face not a
JMO,tb

I have always told others, "I am not afraid of dying. Should I die tomorrow I have could not asked for a better life and been blessed with wonderful life and family." God has been very good to me. For that I am greatful! Some people think I am crazy for not fearing death or speaking that way. We need to be more thankful for the gifts God has given us. There are many people who will not enjoy the beginning of a new day today. For that reason it is up to us to spread the joy of living with others.

Safe travels! and...yes... Can not wait for this cold weather to break! The coach is looking aweful lonely in the driveway still covered!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinVa View Post

I have always told others, "I am not afraid of dying. Should I die tomorrow I have could not asked for a better life and been blessed with wonderful life and family." God has been very good to me. For that I am greatful! Some people think I am crazy for not fearing death or speaking that way. We need to be more thankful for the gifts God has given us. There are many people who will not enjoy the beginning of a new day today. For that reason it is up to us to spread the joy of living with others.

Safe travels! and...yes... Can not wait for this cold weather to break! The coach is looking aweful lonely in the driveway still covered!
Uncover that rig and come to Florida where there are no bad days. We need more good folks down here.

Jesse
Old 03-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #76

Who has Cuddies?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Who has Cuddies?
LOL!
Hi homeless
Did they fix your ac in Gafney?
Was nice visiting with you two.
Jesse
Old 03-29-2014, 11:28 PM   #78

I wish I had read this BEFORE I bought my RV at Christmas. That great deal on a 2007 with 30k miles has turned into a bad deal with frustration after frustration. I hope better times are ahead....
Old 03-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #79

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
You are giving your money to a corporation that exists for one reason, and one reason only, no matter what their web site says about customers coming first, and that is to make MONEY.
How is this different from buying a stick house.. Or renting?

I will say this. My House and my Motor home, Worth about the same dollar wise when I got the motor home

My taxes on the house annually, over 3,000 dollars
My taxes on the motor home, over 300 dollars (382 to be exact).

How much do I spend on gas? Less than 2600 a year.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:55 AM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by catonine View Post
I have a motorhome because I wanted one and could afford to operate and maintain it. I worked hard for my money and the last I heard was that when you die you sure cant take it with you. If my children need or expect my money when I die, then I raised them wrong. Most of us worked all our life and had few "toys" because we were providing for our families. Well, we got em grown so it is time for us to enjoy the fruits of our labors. Rving surely is not for everyone but if you enjoy it, go for it. Enjoy your life today because you may not be here tomorrow.
Ditto x's 2!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #81

warning

Get in writing from the dealership that they will take care of any problems which are manufacture defects. " Let the dealership deal with the manufacturer". Also have somthing in writing that you can have someone othar than the dealership fix problems... The old dealer answer is bring it back and we will take care of it.. You might be hundreds of miles away. Ask for an authorized dealership to have work done. (Their Choice)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochmuth1957 View Post
All good points but the biggest reason the quality of almost everything mechanical has gone down is the sourcing of so many components to China.
What does that have to do with poor quality?
It's the homegrown workmanship that is the poor quality.
Remember domestic auto industry in the 60/70's? If I recall the far east made someone pull up their socks.
Put the credit where credit is due.
PS who specs the components??
Old 03-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #83

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your post is quite timely for me, as we consider a new Thor diesel pusher. As soon as I realized EVERYTHING ELSE that goes with the purchase, not just sales tax but in MA we pay a usage tax of $25 per $1000 on the "list price" of a new purchase, the insurance, the fact we don't have an appropriate toad and may need to acquire another "spare" car with $3000 worth of tow bar and brake mod, wow....

Worst part is that now we are trying to figure out if we can even locate this on our property! If not we have to store away from home, which is not ideal.

The good news is that I am handy and good at fixing things, not an Allison transmission mind you, but wiring, general repairs and even a little plumbing. I had two motorhomes before and as you explained, they both had to go back several times with punch list items. It's a shame we as customers are the quality control department for those expensive toys built by the lowest bidder!

Anyway, thanks for the great post!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #84

Funny, but many years ago I made a similar type list, only longer, of why you should never get married.

Tags
motorhome