Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #15

Here are 2 threads from that forum on Warranty Experts:

"The problem here is that 3 of the top players are all involved in lawsuits and or are performing without integrity. They won't tell you this. Case in point, it is a public fact that American Guardian is currently in the process of suing Warranty Experts, for breach of contract and other disclosed charges. Then you have Warranty Experts ex-employee and/or partner, for Warranty Experts being accused of handing over, or selling databases to a competitor, which is Warrantyservicescompany.com. Now, Warranty Experts has filed a lawsuit against Warrantyservicescomapny for theft of a database. Now it has just come to my attention that bestrvwarranty.us just attempted to contract a customer with a Florida residence, which by the rules of AGWS licenses, is illegal, and would not be honored. Well, the customer was sent the contract, then fortunately wasn't done looking, and came upon myself, I noted it, and called out the situation, an suggested that if he didn't believe me to call AGWS himself. He did, and phoned me back and said I was right. I said of course, I am right. He was just about ready to send in his contract and payment."

"It has been brought to my attention that Warranty Experts.com (actually about 30 websites all running under different names) is selling contracts and has been caught more than once not forwarding the contracts to the administrator. This is very bad, and unexeptable to our community. It has also been brought to me via evidence that bestrvwarranty.us is selling contracts to CA and FL residents against reputable business guidelines. There is much decieveness going on, and I am here to clean it up! If you can't play by the rules, you won't be able to play. If I have any say.

Call me the "Warranty Cop", call me someone who thrives on Integrity, Honesty, and Consumer Advocacy.
Someone who actually cares, believe it or not."

IMHO you have to be suspicious about anyone who is selling insurance and offers you a refund of the paid amount. How can they possibly make any money if they refund the policy amount if it is unused? You do not have to be an actuary to figure out that something is fishy. Ther have been a few negative posts in the last year about them on rv.net. Apparently it was bait and switch. You do not know who is underwriting your policy untill they issue same. Beware . There is no free lunch. A real policy with their supposed coverage cannot be done at those prices.

Moisheh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #16

Thanks for the further clarification. A couple of points though, Warranty Experts has said they will send me a copy of the contract in advance so I can review it. In regards to refunds after the terms, I've had four extended warranties over the years that have done exactly that. They were on automobiles though and weren't brokered through Warranty Experts. I did receive a full refund without even asking for it. It was just automatically sent to me. I agree with you on being suspect of all insurance companies, but I also recognize that they're a necessary evil in many cases.

Thanks again for making me aware of the problems and I'll proceed with caution.

Jack

Jack Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:36 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We purchased an extended warranty from Warranty Experts also. No problem, paid $1675 (vs $2750 from dealer) for plan on a 98 #349 Intruder in 12/02 for 48K miles/ 48 months. Traded MH off in 12/05. During term of warranty purchased, the insurer paid out over $3100 in "minor" repairs to systems on board. $250 for the five times ($50 each)taken to repair shops. Will I buy again? Yes, we have a quote for $2650 for 7 years/70,000 at present.
Teacher's Pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:49 AM   #18

This is from the Freedom Roads web site:

http://www.freedomroads.com/bus_profile.html

About FreedomRoads
Freedom Roads is a dynamic national network of well-established local and regional RV dealerships who have united to benefit our customers, employees, suppliers and the RV industry. FreedomRoads operates 3 distinct business units as a multi-store retail chain engaged in the retail sale, finance and service of recreational vehicles:

An RV Retail Network
An Accessories and Aftermarket Group
An E-Commerce Group

As America's largest RV retailer the company currently operates 53 RV dealer locations and 45 Camping World accessory stores across the United States including; Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington State.

Our company has over 350 million dollars in new and used RV inventory representing over 18 brand names, and 40 million dollars of parts and accessories. This level of selection allows us to serve 35,000 unique RV sales customers this year, and over 1,000,000 unique customers at Camping World, representing the largest single RV company in the United States.

Additionally, each of our 98 locations provide comprehensive service and parts departments for your convenience during your family's travels.

Camping World
Camping World is a national specialty retailer of merchandise, accessories and services for RV owners and camping enthusiasts. As America's largest RV specialty retailer, we are committed to offering a broad selection of specialized RV products and services at competitive prices combined with technical assistance. Camping World offers over 8,000 quality products geared toward the RVing community, through a national chain of retail SuperCenters and Express stores, a well-established catalog business and an award-winning Web site. Through our rapidly growing number of retail stores, we provide RVers with high-quality products and services to help enhance their life on the road.

RVs.com
RVs.com is a one-stop shopping and informational web site for the recreation-vehicle enthusiast. Viewers can access real-time RV inventory, accessories, equipment and RV-lifestyle information. Features of RVs.com include new and used RV inventory and areas for private RV owners to sell RVs, obtain financing and insurance and purchase RV accessories or trailers; RVs.com aims to profit from the transactions facilitated by the website. The new site also provides RV-lifestyle information about campgrounds, clubs, publications, safety, rallies and events from around the country plus employment opportunities in the RV industry.

Maybe they are just operating the stores, but interestingly, they list Camping World as one of their brands as well on their web site. Together Freedom Roads and CW are also sponsoring the Busch car of John Andretti, #10. When I purchased my Journey I also received a free President's club membership at CW, along with one of the parking spots in Indianapolis for the Nascar race there this August.

With respect to the Freedom Roads warranty, it carried a $100 deductible and can be used anywhere with the normal prior approvals, but it is reduced to $50 if the work is performed by a Freedom Roads dealer anywhere in the US.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:13 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As America's largest RV retailer the company currently operates 53 RV dealer locations and 45 Camping World accessory stores across the United States i </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are franchised stores. CW began franchising stores to major dealerships several years ago and the pace of franchise expansion has increased dramatically in the past couple years. It's a method of expanding their sales volume without huge investment in building more stores of their own. CW as an enterprise is still very much owned by Affinity.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote