Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #1

Warranty? From the dealer?😂

Here we go again. Lazydays RV Loveland Colorado. Hope they keep up with these forums. A month ago I purchased this new forest river fr3 from this dealer. Had issues from the start. They did respond when I gave them the bill for the first repair.
I mentioned that I didn't have a ladder for the bunk. Three emails later and still no response. I guess it doesn't matter because the bunk will not extend so we can't use it. FR tech has been helping but the bunk no work. Called dealer and told them I would be in town on Saturday. They said no tech would be available. I live over 200 miles from this dealer. They don't care. Should have bought a Winnebago from local dealer.
01gulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #2

Never knew of a dealership where you didn't have to make an appt. for warranty work.
Call your selling dealer and make a appt to have it inspected for required parts to make the repairs, as very few usually don't carry a large parts inventory these days. Then you'll need to return with your trailer(another appt) for actual repairs/replacements when they have everything to do the work.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:50 AM   #3

You must be able to get to a dealer that cares. I did try to make an appointment . I think as soon as you say "warranty " they just ignore you until you either start screaming or just go somewhere else. I really wish I had read the reviews on this place before I made a purchase. Oh well, buyer beware I guess.
01gulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Call the manufacture. Ask them to tell you WH e 're and when. Perhaps a noble tech.

LEN
Old 07-28-2017, 11:32 PM   #5

There are probably 75 manufacture warranties in the coach, one can not just submit a bill. It has to go through the dealer for inspection, classification to vendor of part, then remediation buy vendor to dealer to customer. Sorry if you don't like the process, but it is just systems and paperwork/digital.Check and cross check one's behind all the way down the line.
Don't go out of your way to fix, only fix when you are going that way.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #6

We met a lovely young couple with 3 kids about a year ago that sold their home, bought a BIG FR 5ver, moved the whole family in and had big new dreams ahead.

On their 3rd outing, a consistent slide out problem plagued them along with a systemic leveling problem. Slide wouldn't deploy or retract right and couldn't get the rig level no matter what they tried. Long story short, it was determined the chassis was bent/twisted from the factory. They bought this 5ver from a very reputable dealer here in Houston. The dealer at first fought for them to resolve this issue with the factory. But FR headquarters blamed the issue on the company that they buy the chassis' from. It got to the point fairly early in this dilemma, the dealers' hands were tied and could do no more. You would not believe what FR put this family through. A text book example of corporate runaround. Finally, the father got fed up & hired a lawyer. The last time I spoke with him, FR had 3 more days to comply with the lawyers request or they were going to court. I lost contact with this fella, so I don't know how all that turned out. I often wonder how they faired in court. It was just a shame to see this happen.

Bottom line for my wife & I was, we will NEVER buy a FR product. PERIOD after watching how FR treated this wonderful family who spent a ton of money and was treated like dirt and as a major inconvienence to corporate. This 5ver came from the factory with major defects. FR buys these chassis from vendors THEY approve of and secures legal contracts with. FR should of made this right for this family and just replaced the trailer and then deal with their chassis supply vendor later. BUT as the OP said, "they just don't care".

When basic economics change in the future, and sales plummet, it's usually then that these type of companies find they need to change their ways. Unfortunately for them, their reputation and support history is undeniably ruined and it ends up being to little to late. For now, they're just raking in the dough while they can and getting away with as much as possible until the courts FORCE them to make things right.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty