Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #1

Warranty running out - what should I have the dealer check?

Hello,
We bought a 2016 Winnebago Vista last Nov. First camping trip was April - the black water tank valve was stuck. Took it back to camping world - they kept it until early June but, fixed the valve. 1 trip in July. Now we have an issue with a banging noise on the front left drivers side Jack. We are afraid to go too far. So, we have to taking back to camping world..they won't even look at it for 10 days. We are going to have all the warranty work that we can done. (They have to fix the banging noise/jack, wallpaper that peeled away, the drop down bed switch is flaky.

What else should we make sure they check? I don't have confidence in camping world that they will actually do a walkthru or look at anything unless we ask specifically. And, at this point I don't feel like we'll ever get to use it as I'm sure they'll keep it through the Fall.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
nicallison67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #2
Community Administrator

You might consider hiring an RV tech to go through your unit prior to going to CW.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I would never trust a dealer to do a warranty type inspection. They would not be very diligent on trying to find problems.

Reminds me of my wife's Chrysler Van, she religiously took it the dealer she bought it from for service. She did have a couple minor warranty issues that the fixed (I used the word "fixed" loosely as they jury rigged a couple repairs that I've since had to fix better". After the warranty was over the first service she took it in for the shop manager came with a list of ~$2000 recommended repairs. She asked why they didn't fix the issues when she brought it in earlier during regular service. They said it was her duty to inform them of the problems BUT as soon as warranty over they started looking WTH. We will never buy another vehicle from them.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #4

Unfortunately there is little you can do, other than take your MH to a different Winnebago dealer for service. Camping World, and most other RV repair businesses, are always very busy during warm weather/camping season.
You do have the option of purchasing an extended service contract from Camping World; it has a $50 deductible for each visit, meaning you can jot down every repair and wait until you have a long list before making an appt. for repairs and you pay only one $50 deductible to cover the entire list of"covered" repairs.
Camping World service dept. operates differently than you would think. When you make an appt. for repairs, you actually made an appt. to drop off your RV, not for repairs to begin.
Your RV is added to the bottom of the list of units to be repaired, when it reaches the top of the list a technician pulls it in, diagnoses the problem(s) and determines what must be ordered, pulls your RV back outside for storage until parts arrive. When parts arrive your RV is again put of the bottom of the list of arrived parts. When your RV reaches the top of the list again it's pulled into a bay for repairs to actually begin.

I know (from experience) that's not what you want to hear-or experience, but that's the way CW works.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer