Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-27-2007, 06:29 AM   #15
Alpine Owners Club
We would not be without one. Put a load in when we go to bed, it is done in the morning. Or do it while we are having dinner/watching TV. My biggest problem is that it is so quiet that I often forget it is on and once in a while a shirt will be wrinkled because I didn't get it out until 3 hours latter!

As fulltimers, we don't generate that much laundry. And I hate (HATE) schlepping to a laundromat and never knowing what has been in the washers before I get there. The only time I use a laundromat is for large blankets and rugs. And I can manage quite nicely on 30 amp - just have to be a little more careful than when on 50 amps.

Barbara & David O'Keeffe
Figment II (Alpine 2002 36 MDDS)
Barbaraok is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club

BUCKAROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:57 AM   #17
Evergreen Owners Club
In reading all these responses a common theme seems to be purchasing a vented model. My next question would be then, what are the venting options? Are they all through the wall or are there alternatives?
2015 Evergreen Bayhill

340 RK
DFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:29 AM   #18
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
You are correct that vented model is superior to the nonvented model.

Through the wall is the only option that I'm aware of.

Many manufacturers mark the location of the vent location.

If it's not marked I would contact the factory and hopefully they can tell you where to cut the hole.
Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #19

I (after market) installed a Splindid W/D combo Venten and the DW would have it NO other way.... handles the needs very well... get the vented type if possible

what ever it takes.....

2006 Itasca Meridian 39K
Scratch & Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #20
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
cb5300, is your dryer 240 volt? If so your generator may not supply 240 volt, thus the not in your owners manual not to use it while driving. Otherwize the only condition of use would be to have enough gray water tank capacity for the washer.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:57 AM   #21
After much research on forums like this, we decided against a "combo" unit and went with individual units, not "stackables", but compatible Whirlpool units. In my opinion, these units are far superior to both the combo unit and standard stackables normally advertised for RV's. Anytime 2 devices are combined to save space like the combo unit, it seems to me that some functionality will be lost.
Our Whirlpool washer is front load, vs the standard top load varity available as "stackable" units. Front load machines spin at a much greater RPM than top load machines, thus there is less water to remove during the drying phase. The Whirlpool dryer we installed is 110V, which will dry slower than a standard 220V "home" dryer, so less water left in the clothes after washing is important to us. As I understand it, 220V dryers can be accommodated in RV's, however modifications to the internal wiring must be done, and you would be limited to facilities that offer 50 amp service.
Your choices are many, and based on your needs, I'm sure you'll find the right solution.

'06 Elite Suites, '95 KW, '06 Deuce, '04 Low Rider
Gemstone is offline   Reply With Quote