Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Water Heater Cover Blows Off!

Learned my lesson the hard way, and now I will secure it better. Stopped to fuel up and was frustrated to see the water heater cover had come off somewhere on the highway. Not expensive to replace, except now want to get it repainted to match color of coach.

Does this happen often?

TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
It has never happened to me, but I have read several posts, where others have lost theirs. If you want to learn how many others were lost and what they did about it, do a search on the subject.

Roland & Jerri, with Maggie & Mollie, our Pups; '05 Fleetwood Providence, 39' DP; '08 Saturn. "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has it's limits" (Einstein)
gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
It happened to me on our previous coach. The door had three different colors on it and quotes the repaint were over $200. I took the color codes to an automotive paint store and they mixed up the paint and put it into spray cans along with one with clear coat. the color matched up quite well and the result cost me about $50 + the cost of the door.
Larry B, Luckiest Dreamer
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
See posting #11 in the thread below ........ it shows what I did to safeguard my water heater door.

I lost my water heater door
George R. - Fulltiming since January '03
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991
2012 Chevy Malibu LT1
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #5
Texas Tom did you get the door I have a spare white Atwood 6 gallon you can have I work in grand Praire
whem2fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
Lost my Atwood cover last year. Found a replacement on Amazon for twenty something dollars. Luckily, it was on the black part of the bus. Pick a quality spray can and did it myself. No it doesn't match exactly, but it is close enough for us.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R - 2012 Jeep Rubicon
2 Arctic Cats, 3 Shelties, 4 cats
Bottle of Jack Daniels & wife
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
Texas Tom did you get the door I have a spare white Atwood 6 gallon you can have I work in grand Praire
Yes, I called Prosales RV and talked to them 3 times and got the courteous response each time of "we'll be happy to take care of that for you".

Gave up on them, and ended up ordering from PPL in Houston instead. Got it the next day.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #8

I lost one on my HR a few years back. I'm terrified of losing the one on my full-body paint DP. I think I'm going to try the plastic bolt thingy.
Mark Anderson - FMCA 351514 - Louisville, KY
2007 Sportscoach Pathfinder 377DS - Freightliner XC
2006 Jeep Commander
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:33 AM   #9
I've never lost a cover, but after hearing about others, I just bought the smallest zip tie that would fit around that little thingy that's supposed to hold it on. I do have to snip it off to clean out the hot water heater, but the zip ties are really cheap. I just carry a bag full of them.

2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote

heater, water, water heater