Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #1

Water inside the window track

Hello folks . A few months ago I mentioned that on my new coach the windows were leaking most of them inside the track one or two from above which was pretty scary. Just recently the windows were switched out and replaced. The last two days it's been nonstop raining so I figured it would be a good time to check the new windows. On most of the windows I do not see water but there are a few where water has soaking inside the track. Is it normal for water to get inside the track on a good rainy day. They are new windows so nothing is clogging the weep holes. Thanks All.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cola ny View Post
Hello folks . A few months ago I mentioned that on my new coach the windows were leaking most of them inside the track one or two from above which was pretty scary. Just recently the windows were switched out and replaced. The last two days it's been nonstop raining so I figured it would be a good time to check the new windows. On most of the windows I do not see water but there are a few where water has soaking inside the track. Is it normal for water to get inside the track on a good rainy day. They are new windows so nothing is clogging the weep holes. Thanks All.
Hi Cola NY: Are you sure you aren't working with "some condensation" in the coach? gebills

Old 11-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #3

Definitely not this is all rain
Old 11-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check the weep holes along the outside bottom of the window frame, and when they dry up, vacuum the track out.

What could be happening is the outside track is filling up and overflowing into the inside track at the ends. The weep holes in the frame could look clear, but dirt in the track is blocking or slowing down the draining of the water.

Just my $.02 worth, I know this has happened to me with my Hehr windows. I have not had any more problems since I have been vacuuming my window track regularly.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #5

This happened on the other windows before these were replace once again I have brand-new windows I did check the wee holes but like I mentioned brand-new windows and there is no debris no lease no dust nothing in the wee holes brand-new windows
Old 11-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #6

Excuse me weep holes
Old 11-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #7

It's normal for rain water to get in the track, but it should quickly drain out the weep holes. in the outside frame. Use a toothpick to insure it is open. It will, at some point get clogged with debris washing off the roof, nearby tree, etc.
If your entire window frame was replaced, perhaps those weep holes were never open.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Get you a squirt bottle and spray the windows, maybe you can see the weep hole working, or not.

06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, window