Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #1

This is a 2000 Pace Arrow Vision 35B. I have water leaking inside, under the fridge. I'm told it comes from the hose in back that drains the fridge. I can't find a leak there, although the area in back is wet. Anyone have any ideas?
Clarence Zaitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #2

This is a 2000 Pace Arrow Vision 35B. I have water leaking inside, under the fridge. I'm told it comes from the hose in back that drains the fridge. I can't find a leak there, although the area in back is wet. Anyone have any ideas?
Clarence Zaitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #3

Is the drain hose pulled to the outside of the vent? If its not the water will pool under the fridge
Old 08-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #4

Inside your frig, under the cooling coils is a condensate catch pan. This collected water drains out through a small hose passing through the back of the refrigerator, which can get clogged with debris, even mold. If water is standing in that catch pan the hose is clogged. Clear the hose, making sure it is attached to the catch pan afterwards. Most refrigerators use a small pan just above the heating element of the cooling unit to collect this water and evaporate it away. Some however, just run this hose out through the bottom outside vent to drain; that is fine in warm weather, but not in sub-freezing weather.
Either way, the hose must be open to drain. If the evaporation pan is full it's probably because your frig door seal is leaking badly, or, someone is opening the door a lot.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
What make and model fridge do you have? Many times these hoses get clogged and it will back up and leak under fridge. Mine just did that.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 AM   #6

Of course if there is an icemaker the problem will most probably be the water supply hose.
Cummins 6.7 ISB, Allison 2100 6 Speed
J Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:26 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Clarence,

If you have a Dometic Fridge and it has an icemaker, J Walker is right on.

Unfortunately -I know I'm an expert! Look closely at the ice maker fill line from the solenoid up to the top of the unit (as far as you can see), it probably is enclosed in a black electrical tape looking sleeve, and a heating coil wrapped around the tubing. If it is touching the fridge coils any place on its upward journey the tubing is fried internally!!! The water will be coming out the black sleeve every time the ice maker cycles . The only fix is to remove the fridge, and replace the tubing and secure the new tubing and harness to the insulation away from the tubing. Dometic can supply you with a new kit for $60-70. If a dealer does it for you, stand over his shoulder and see that he SECURES THE TUBING, firmly to the back away from the steel coils to prevent further damage.

Good luck
Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 AM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In a previous 5er, we had the same problem. Many others had the problem and posted the fix.

Have you noticed this is more prevalent after a rain?

On the outside wall is a vent to the refrigerator. It's about 1 1/2 feet square, or there about. When the factory installs the frame for the vent, the screws on the bottom of the frame pull the inside slanting down to the inside of the refer. The water runs down to the very bottom of the vent and seeps inside, finding the lowest point and draining into the MH/5er.

The fix is to go to a hardware store and buy a 1/2" piece of aluminum angle iron. Remove the screws on the bottom of the frame and the first two going up the side. (You may notice the bottom screws are rusty) Cut the angle iron to fit the bottom inside opening of the frame. Slip the angle iron beneath the inside of the frame. Use silicone on the screw holes and replace the wood screws. Silicone the entire length of the inside of the angle iron and frame. At the end of the angle iron run, create a dam of silicone. Replace vent cover.

Walk away with a smile on your face. Total time, 30 minutes or less (without trip to hardware store)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote