Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Water Miser Battery Caps.

Looking for input of value of "Water Miser Battery Caps". One fellow RV'er swears by them while another swears at them.

Any other experiences out there???

Thanks in advance,

nam.64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
nam.64.....I was having issues with a lot of battery acid build up in my battery bay. I added the caps which helped some with recycling the acid, instead of puking it out. I also added the Demister battery oil which also helped. Between the two products, they knocked down about 90% of my excess battery acid.

The real solution came when I replaced the batteries after 6 years. I called my Inverter/Charger company (Magnum) and found that my inverter/charger settings were wrong and were overcharging my batteries. I also added an automatic watering system when I put everything back together. Once I corrected this, my battery bay turned completely dry. I eliminated the oil and the caps.

If you're battery charger isn't adjustbale and is a basic unit, I would spend the money on the automatic watering system versus the caps. The auto system seals the batteries as well as the caps, plus you gain the watering system.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
Water Miser Answers from Flow Systems

Nam64...I run Flow Systems, the company that manufactures the Water Miser Vent Cap.

I can assure you that the Water Miser's work as intended, if used the right way. They must be affixed and closed so you hear a snap when closing the flip-top. They should at least double the time in between watering and keep your batteries completely free from acid build up. If for some reason they are not working like they should, it has to be another issue with the battery. Possibly over charging or similar. We sell these directly to the countries leading battery manufactures and have been thoroughly tested.

We have been in the battery business for going on 100+ combined years between my farther and I. We started out as manufactures and now provide components that are found in 90% of the batteries manufactured in the US. The Water Misers are absolutely one of the best additions you can make to extend the life of your battery and ease the issues of routine maintenance.

Feel free to ask any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them for you and anyone else in the forum.
FlowSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have had Water Miser caps on my 4 coach batteries since April 2010. I sure wish that they made them to fit the caps on my chassis battery but they don't.

I have almost eliminated all corrosion in my battery compartment. I think if the chassis battery were to have Water Miser caps, ALL corrosion would be gone.

I only have to add water every 3-4 months now instead of every month.

I like them and having the Water Miser caps are MUCH better than putting mineral oil into each cell like some people do.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a bank of 6 6volt batteries. Four of them have Water Miser caps and two don't. I check the water level about once a month. Consistently, the batteries with Water Miser caps use 50% less water than the batteries without the WM caps....
psyflyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

battery, water