Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #1

We were at a campsite hooked up to the water supply (with pressure
adaptor) for several days and I dumped the black and grey tanks and had
the water on city supply auto override. We left for an hour or so and
returned to find water leaking on the left side of the coach. The
shower was overflowing and upon checking the black was also full. I
opened both valves and turned the pump on and dumped the tanks. After a
thorugh check nothing was left on and now 2 days later it hasn't reoccurred. The rinse valve was not on and the hose was removed to check if the valve leaked.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
jrv

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2008, 06:02 AM   #2

We were at a campsite hooked up to the water supply (with pressure
adaptor) for several days and I dumped the black and grey tanks and had
the water on city supply auto override. We left for an hour or so and
returned to find water leaking on the left side of the coach. The
shower was overflowing and upon checking the black was also full. I
opened both valves and turned the pump on and dumped the tanks. After a
thorugh check nothing was left on and now 2 days later it hasn't reoccurred. The rinse valve was not on and the hose was removed to check if the valve leaked.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
jrv

Old 03-23-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
vnaff, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here. You may have had some debris in the seat of the vlave that allowed water to leak by the vavle. The debris may have cleared itself just in time or the tanks could have backed up into the coach and flooded it. I would suggest you turn the water supply off when you leave the coach. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
G'Morning vnaff: Well, kinda guessing here, but based on your rig description number (ie. 4508) I'm thinking your in a Newmar rig. At any rate, we're in an 08 Essex, and when water hose is attch'd to faucet with a 40-50 psi restrictor in line, we have the option of a.)turning fresh water valve toward top (up) and and auto-fill feature fills our fresh water tank until full at 105 gallons then a solenoid shuts off the flow, or, b.) we can leave valve to the right on "City Water" and when we turn on a faucet inside, (with water pump OFF) we get a restricted flow of water from the city...if we want higher flow, we turn on the pump which draws from the fresh water holding tank on board,...or...c.) we can turn valve downward to "Manual Fill (auto override) and water will flow into and fill our fresh water tank, which, once full, will overflow under our rig if we don't return the valve to City Water setting. So.....if your fresh water tank is full, and if your on Manual Fill I don't know how water might flow up into your shower as you described but I suppose it might under pressure. DON'T let your tank continue filling after it's full!!! If we are on "Auto Fill" once the tank is full, it automatically shuts off at least when it is working..our solenoid is out at present so I fill manually at least till I figure out what's wrong and how to fix the autofill solenoid, but at any rate, again, once your tank is full maybe someone can tell if continued filling can force water back up into your shower. Also can't figure out how the heck your black tank also filled up. Let's see who can help. Steve
Old 03-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply Steve,
We nwere not on auto or manual fill but City auto overide, we fill at home with good water and on fill the tank fron an unknown supply if necessary but I never fill it all the way.
Mine is an Essex and the 4508 is the bath and a half model.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
vnaff: I haven't looked yet but did you post this "Mystery" on the Newmar Owner's Forum below?? You're right!!...it's a real "mystery". I'm dying to hear what other Newmar owners might have to say. Steve