Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #1

This is my set up for monitoring incoming water pressure. If I get 65 psi I use an inline pressure restricter.

Usually I do not need the restrictor.
However this set up does not protect against presure surges or peaks.

So I am looking for a Regulator that I can set at 60-70 psi and never have to readjust or worry about restricting incoming pressure.

Any ideas ??? What are you using???

Thanks Rick

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #2

This is my set up for monitoring incoming water pressure. If I get 65 psi I use an inline pressure restricter.

Usually I do not need the restrictor.
However this set up does not protect against presure surges or peaks.

So I am looking for a Regulator that I can set at 60-70 psi and never have to readjust or worry about restricting incoming pressure.

Any ideas ??? What are you using???

Thanks Rick

Old 06-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
The best I can tell from your picture you have a pressure gauge but no regulator. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and purchase a household water pressure regulator. Set it and forget it.
ABus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #4

That's what I am looking for!!! Set it and Forget It!!!

Rick
Old 06-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Make sure you get the one for 3/4 inch pipe. They also sell all the adaptors you will need to hook it to a hose.
speed racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Watts is the most common brand of "whole house" size, adjustable water pressure regulator, but there are several others and any will do. You can find them at places like Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Get a 3/4 inch pipe size with threaded fittings so you can screw in a pipe-thread-to-hose-thread adapter on the inlet and outlet. I keep mine set at about 62 psi.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #7

What is the recommended max water pressure for modern MH plumbing systems? I have read comments about 40 - 45 psi as the recommendation and now I see settings of 65 psi.

What is best?
NavlAv8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #8

Check out this web site Pressure Regulators

Steve

2006 Windsor PRT
Dalsn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Roamer:
Watts is the most common brand of "whole house" size, adjustable water pressure regulator, but there are several others and any will do. You can find them at places like Ace Hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Get a 3/4 inch pipe size with threaded fittings so you can screw in a pipe-thread-to-hose-thread adapter on the inlet and outlet. I keep mine set at about 62 psi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can second the endorsement on Watts. They were in my backyard where I grew up in Massachusetts and it was a rare thing to find a house with a regulator problem unless of course they did not have a Watts. They can be dissasembled for cleaning/repair and should last a lifetime or so.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:14 AM   #10
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Navl AV8R:
What is the recommended max water pressure for modern MH plumbing systems? I have read comments about 40 - 45 psi as the recommendation and now I see settings of 65 psi.

What is best? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have read similar figures for recommended pressure for RVs - 40 to 50 psi.

I use a household pressure regulator from Lowe's with threaded adapters for hose connections as others describe. The unit I bought was preset for 40 psi. I do not currently have a gauge, but I am planning to add one because pressure regulators sometimes fail and may then allow full line pressure to pass through. I know about this first hand, but that's another story.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:44 AM   #11

I bought my adjustable Watts regulator on Ebay -- I'm sure they are still out there at a good price
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a whole house regulator similar to the Watts (it would have been a Watts but it was mixed in with them on the shelf at Lowes and looks like one but cost about twenty dollars more) and I have it set at 65 psi.

I used 65 psi after a conversation with Winnebago customer service. They test the plumbing to something over 85 psi as I recall and said that 65 psi was not a problem.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #13

Thanks Guys!! This is the info I was looking for!!!!

I will look for a Watt's Regulator at Lowes.

Rick
Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I built my own.

Parts purchased at Home Depot.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote