Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #1

Water pump cycling

I winterize my MH myself by disconnecting feed line to water pump and bye-passing the water filter. Now after de-winterizing the water pump is cycling and it did not before. I check for leaks and I cannot find any. I increased and decreased the pressure on pump and the only thing this did was change the cycling from 30 seconds to about 60 seconds. What did I do wrong and/or missing. Any suggestion would be apppreciated, Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #2

When we had recurring cycling of the water pump it was because the tank fill valve was leaking. Pump would pressurize, slowly leak past tank fill valve until would cycle again (about every 30-60 seconds). Replaced tank fill valve-problem gone. Your mileage may vary.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
If you also used the little tube to suck the pink antifreeze into the system, you shold check to see if the valve that goes to that hose in closed. I have a new to me coach and it was winterized by the dealer. They left the valve open. The water system was ok if I was on city water, but as soon as I tried using the water from the holding tank the pump kept cycling and water flow was sporatic at best. Im just saying..............
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #4

could also be the pressure relief valve on the water heater
burmashave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
It could also be a leak somewhere in your water system like a leaking faucet.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #6

I think the problem is fixed. The last thing I did was recycled the fill tank valve by the city water inlet. I normally do not use it to fill the water tank. I waited over 5 minutes and the pump has not recycled. Thanks for all the suggestions.