Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #1

I have a 2000 Ultimate advantage 40J and when I turn on the flush water outside, I hear water running in the wall between shower and kitchen. There is a mirror on the oposite side of that wall that lifts up to take out for access to the water lines but I can't get it out. Is there a trick to getting this mirror out?
Ken Zent is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #2

I have a 2000 Ultimate advantage 40J and when I turn on the flush water outside, I hear water running in the wall between shower and kitchen. There is a mirror on the oposite side of that wall that lifts up to take out for access to the water lines but I can't get it out. Is there a trick to getting this mirror out?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #3

Kent,

Just looked at mine, and it looks like you need to remove the top or bottom trim strip. Mine has the screws exposed on the bottom, but the top has the plugs that cover them. It looks like once those strips are off the mirror will pop right out.

If memory serves me right you can also see that side from the access panel that is on the shower base.

BUT, Are you sure there is a problem? Do you see water running somewhere it shouldn't be? I ask because when I flush my black tank it is quite noisy on the empty tank, but it is operating correctly. I don't think the Black tank flush is behind that mirror, to access that I think you have to get to it from the wet bay, and pull the panel off. It's been a while since I had mine off, but I thought it was just behind that panel, and I don't think that hose comes above the floor line. There should just be fresh water lines up there.

John
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I removed my mirror the bottom of frame had velcro strip stuck to velcro strip on block attached to wall. If pulled gently on bottom of mirror velcro will release and then you lift mirror off two hooks at top of mirror.
Never did put it back now have two large picture frames of grand-kids.
Welcome to irv2.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #5

I toke a panel off under the kitchen counter cabinet and had the wife turn the flush water on while I was watching and the water came out above the opening (behind the mirror). Also the mirror is loose and can lift it about a 1/4 inch, but can't get it out.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #6

I followed the water line that leaks and it makes a loop up thru there because of the slide out. I found a strap that fell down which holds the water lines up there. I believe that the line kinked and kept bending on that spot ever time I put the slide in and out till it broke.
The mirror don't have any valcro to hold it on the wall, but the mirror is loose. It appears that it slips in like a storm window on a house.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #7

Ken,

Mine is only held in by the top and bottom trim strips.

If you do have water coming up there it might just be spray, if it is your tank flush I think the only access is through the wet bay, as the black tank should be right behind that panel.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Plumbing.htm

That is the link to the Winnie site for the plumbing diagram. Yours is identical to mine. If you look at print 4, you can see how the two tanks fit together. The Flush should go into the black tank. It sounds to me like the hose has either ruptured, or slipped off the fitting at the tank.

I would pull your wet bay panel and follow the line back from the source. It's a bunch of screws, but really not bad to take off.

John
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:49 AM   #8

If it is for the tank rince that loop is for the vacuum break.It prevents siphoning back from the black tank into the rince hose.
BOB
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote