Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Water tank issue

I have just flushed my water tank as I am going on vacation next weekend. Everything there went fine. I am trying to fill my water tank up and nothing happens. The valve is set to tank fill and water is going through. The water comes through the faucets just fine, the problem is the tank not filling up. I don't know what to do.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Check valve stuck? If you have one? My check valve is on the filter housing inlet
Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I do not know if I have one. I have one valve and you can either turn it to city water or fill tank. When its on fill tank the water goes through just like on city water. I just can't hear the water going into the tank. The panel shows no water. When I flushed the tanks I ran enough to fill the gray tank. I do have some water in there, maybe the panel just not working. Although everything else on the panel works just fine. I'm at a loss. Guess my first stop will be for repairs.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi LouiseRice,
I do not know your specific coach. However, if shore water is flowing through to the faucets when the valve is on tank fill, there is something wrong with the valve. Slowly try turning the valve lever to both settings (city water and tank fill). Do this with the city water turned off and the city water pressure relieved in the coach water lines. Does it feel like just the handle is turning or the handle and valve is turning. There should be some resistance (minor but some) when the valve moves. There should also be a solid stop at each position.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #5

It's probably your bypass valve is it moving or just the knob was it winterized.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Gary I have done that and I do fell the pressure when changing from city to fill. Maybe it is just the lever and I need to have it looked at. thanks

Rooster it was winterized and I had just got done de-winterizing.