Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #1

Water Works Panel

I have a 2007 Georgie Boy Pursuit with a water distribution panel called WATER WORKS PANEL. My problem is the on board water pump continues to run as soon as you turn on the switch. I realize the pump needs to pressurize so I let it run for a while. Tracking down the problem I realize there is no water in the fresh holding tank.Duh!
Now comes the problem. I follow the scheme on the panel and which valves to turn to fill the tank. I thought turning the valves according to the fill diagram would work but the water drains as quickly as I attempt to fill it up.
If any of our readers encounted a simuliar problem can you please advise. Taking the unit to a dealer when maybe it's a simple fix would be my first step.
I will attempt to down load a picture of the panel.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD530172.JPG
Views:	4703
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	5649  
saddlecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The picture shows you the 4 proper valve knob positions for each action, e.g. Fill tank or Drain tank. It shows each knob as either vertical or horizontal. The valve knob positions shown in the photo yu attached are not valid for anything (according to the diagrams, at any rate). It appears the cold will drain if the blue knob is vertical. It should be horizontal for filling the tank, using water from tank or city inlet, or winterizing.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #3

Hi Gary,
That's my problem. If I turn the upper left blue knob horizontally and try to fill the tank from city water it just pours out of the bottom as quickly as I try to fill. I tried all different setting to no avail. I thought maybe there is something mechanically wrong. Has anyone else experienced a similiar problem with this type of setup? In addition if I leave everthing as is and run from city water it works fine and when I turn the valve to fill the tank it runs out the bottom.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Try turning the upper right knob to the right and the lower right knob to the right. leave the upper left know pointing down and the lower left red knob pointing up. Might be reading this wrong but think it will fill you water tank.

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I was wrong. don't follow my instructions. What do I know???

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
KIX

At the risk of sounding too elementary here's my "take" on your situation.
In your pic there are 4 separate valve combinations showing the position of each of the 4 valves. For instance to fill the water tank you would look at the area labeled "TANK FILL". Under those words you will see the 4 valves depicted. In your picture the UPPER RIGHT HAND and LOWER LEFT HAND valves are in the correct position for TANK FILL. The UPPER LEFT HAND valve should be rotated 90* in a counter-clockwise direction and the LOWER RIGHT HAND valve should be rotated 90* in a clockwise direction.
If you've already tried the above position to fill the water tank then your plumbing doesn't coincide with the valve position diagram(s). I hope this helps you get 'er done.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #7

You might have a broken fill line and it is not letting water get to the tank and is just running out. I would remove they panel and look inside to see what is up.
Essex-Spensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes - do like AC eagle says. You may be shocked to find a hose swinging in the breeze, or split nicely. In any case, you'll learn something. Do you not have a manual or phone # of the mfr?
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
there HAS to be something wrong with your plumbing to mess this situation up... I would start looking for a plumbing problem.... if that diagram is to hard to understand which way the valve needs to point then you are going to have a lot more problems down the road then just "filling your tank" i would die to have that setup on my rv... i hate having to hookup to city water at one spot, fill my fresh tank in a spout clear at the rear, and etc....

good luck!
Old 09-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #10

Hey thanks a lot for the info.....problem solved. Just need to turn the knobs in the right direction and everything works. I guess I was trying to make a simple thing more complicated than it actually was.
Keep up the good work you guys and gals are terrific...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Boy . . . . that was easy!
nbounder is offline   Reply With Quote