Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #15

I have noticed that when I am parked on a level area that the bus leans to one side. At the moment I can't remember (old age) which way it is leaning. I have been meaning to get it leveled but I don't see it while I am going down the road so I forget about it. I will definitely check the drive line or have it checked. Boy howdy, nothing is cheap when it comes to fixin' motor homes. I checked at Sam's Club about new Michelin tires and they have to order them but they are about $400 each. I had to buy a couple of Bilstien <sp shocks for the rear as one was broke and they were $100 apiece. I see where Koni's are way higher.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #16

If you're coach is leaning to one side when you are parked on level ground, that is indicative of a deflated air-bag. So it could be a bad air-bag, or air-valve and associated lines to that bad. Bet that is you "vibration" problem, and I wouldn't be doing much driving until it's fixed, as you could be damaging the driveline components (bearings, seals, U-joints, etc.)

Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #17

Thanks CaptBill
I will be getting a check up this week or next at the local RV shop. If I don't get satisfaction with them I will find a Freightline shop to look at it. I would check it out myself but they don't allow anyone to things like that in Sun City West.

Thanks for all of the information from all of you.
Darryl
Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #18

Darryl,

The Bilstein's might be cheaper but the Koni's ride is superior...by a long shot. If you get a chance (and the $$) to change all four out, I highly recommend it. They can be had for around $125 ea., sometimes less depending on the deal and circumstances.

Re: the air springs (air bags), leveling valves etc., even if all are well, there is a correct ride height for your chassis that will make a marked improvement in your ride quality and handling. If the ride height has been improperly set or needs adjustment, it would be a good idea to pull the driveshaft and check the condition of the u-joints (internally) for lubrication, scoring or disintegration, as well as the slip spline on the shaft. A DP has a very short driveshaft between the trans. (Allison usually) and the engine and a little change in ride height can translate into a very big difference in ride and handling...plus you wouldn't want to damage that $12K - $15K tranny.

While the service techs are "under there", have them check out your sway bar bushings, brake slack adjusters, rear differential fluid quality/level, wheel bearing oil level, steering linkage and bell crank adjustment and lubrication etc. It might be $$$ but a complete chassis inspection and service will give you a lot of piece of mind going down the road.

Too bad about the Sun City thing as I do all my own maint. and it saves a bundle of the hard to come by $$$.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #19

Thanks Quikduk:
I have printed out your replys and will take it along with me when I go to Orangewood RV. I googled Orangewood and one person had given a bad revue so don't know what to expect. I think it had to do with sales but I am not interested in a new motor home right now.
Hope they can figure out the solution to my problem/s.

Darryl
99 Tradewinds 7370
No Toad
Old 04-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #20

Darryl, I would encourage you to take your coach to a Freightliner (Oasis) dealer; not an RV dealership. It would be unusual for them to be experienced in chassis problem diagnosis, and this is a chassis-related issue. Google "Freightliner Oasis Dealers" to find one, or go to Frieghtliner's website, and click on the button for Oasis Dealers.
Indian River, De
Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #21

Thanks Capt:
I will check that out also. I have a appointment next Tuesday to get the oil and filter changed at Orangewood and I will question them about my problem and see if they understand what I am talking about.
Is a Oasis dealer a part of Freightliner? I will check the on line yellow pages here in the greater Phoenix area.
I was surprised when I was in Sioux City IA there was not a Freightliner shop but Peterbilt knew what to look for when my brake lights stayed on all the time and it was also killing my cruise control. I didn't have a clue but after they fixed it it was so logical I could have kick my own hiney for not seeing it. Oh well.

Darrylgf
Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #22

"Is a Oasis dealer a part of Freightliner?...."

Yes, the 'Oasis' dealers are the Freightliner dealers who have met the factory's requirements to work on motorhomes. They are supposed to be more "motorhome-knowledgeable and friendly", and have been distinguished from regular Freightliner truck dealers, by the "Oasis" designation.

Indian River, De