Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There sure seems to be a love/hate relationship with the jalousie-style windows. Lovers like they can be left open when it's raining, haters report they don't allow as much airflow as the previous slider windows do. The "frameless" ones do seem to blend in better, especially with the darker color-schemed paint jobs. I'm waiting to see how they do, over the long haul, keeping out water.

We've got 1 jalousie-style & the rest sliders in our coach. Can bring in a little air when raining by engaging the vent fans while leaving the tilt window open, but can also get LOTS of air by opening the large sliders. I would hope that mfr's will see there's a want for both types of windows & design accordingly in future models.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #16

I was considering sending Newmar a very polite email and advise them why I declined purchasing their coach. It's only one voice, but I suppose every change starts with a nudge.
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dubya View Post
The new MHs have a dial at the bottom and the window opens about 3 inches. I hate it.

I call BS!

Two words......... Leaks. Delamination.

The company that puts those windows you don't like in their motorhomes is the company that has to a) warranty them, and, b) has to suffer the loss of reputation when the delamination sets in.

Look at pictures of motorhomes for sale that have delamination and you'll see that most of them have delamination that starts at a window corner.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:18 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dubya View Post
No option for that. I read the entire list of options. It's not that big of a deal. We'll wait a year and see what comes out.
They do make the frameless windows in dual pane, so if its not an option yet on your brand you are looking at it probably will be pretty soon. We had them on our last 5er, and I did kind of like them. Didn't have to worry about the yucky frame gaskets getting ugly and cracked in the sun. They may have been ugly and cracked behind the outer pane of glass, but I couldn't see it
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #19

Absolutely. All the windows on my Vacationer are double pane, and other than the windows at the top in the cockpit, all are sliders. I know these companies do a lot of market research right down to the fabrics they offer. Kind of curious how they arrived at the conclusion sliding windows were not desirable in MHs.
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:45 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Check out the Entegra Owners forum for problems they have been having with that style window.

Here is only one example.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/wind...ed-192246.html

So glad that my 2002 Monaco Windsor has all of the old style sliders. I have two that need to be resealed. Plan to do that this winter while in Florida.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:21 PM   #21

well if they had both panes on the outside of the coach, that would not look good ..they would have to put second pane inside of opening..they already stick out like half inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom Ant View Post
They do make the frameless windows in dual pane, so if its not an option yet on your brand you are looking at it probably will be pretty soon. We had them on our last 5er, and I did kind of like them. Didn't have to worry about the yucky frame gaskets getting ugly and cracked in the sun. They may have been ugly and cracked behind the outer pane of glass, but I couldn't see it
Old 09-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My 2004 Itasca Class A has a variety; Sliders in the cockpit (passenger side), living, dining, and kitchen areas (with sliding screens), power roll-down drivers cockpit window (no screen), jalousie style in the bedroom (screened, also a flip out emergency exit), and double hung on each end of the bedroom slideout (screened). All are double pane (except the drivers window).

My previous Class C had all sliders except the overhead bunk, which was jalousie style. Kinda nice to be able to get some airflow even with rainy weather while sleeping.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
well if they had both panes on the outside of the coach, that would not look good ..they would have to put second pane inside of opening..they already stick out like half inch.
Yes, the interior pane fits within the frame, and only the exterior pane is oversized to cover the frame. We had them on our last 5er - they were nice, and really brought down the noise. They were a Lippert product (Kinro), but what isn't these days.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window