Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood has the 40G with bunks starting in 2009 I think. Lot of owners on here. I have the 40x and my two teenage girls love the big TV and midship lounge area. Lots of room for them and their freinds. They are old enough to pull out the beds or just sleep on one of the two couches. Good luck and take your time. When you find the right used coach be ready to pull the trigger or someone else will.
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
hogbus i got my finger on the trigger and the trigger adjusted down to 2 lbs i will not let one go by
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
checked the 40g but it's just like all the other bunk models. it has the bunks but not the drop down bed in the front. why can't they make one with both? they make gassers that way! they make c's that way. why not a dp? just dont get it
Old 07-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorfarmer View Post
checked the 40g but it's just like all the other bunk models. it has the bunks but not the drop down bed in the front. why can't they make one with both? they make gassers that way! they make c's that way. why not a dp? just dont get it
They could, but evidently not enough market demand for that layout.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Agreed:(
Old 07-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorfarmer View Post
The problem for me jericorick isn't whether or not to buy new or used. The problem is the limited floor plans the manufacturers offer. I know the girls will grow up but that doesn't lesson my desire for an upscale dp with different bunk house options. I have friends with bunk house gassers that love them and even when the kids grew up they either kept going with them or they converted the space into nice storage cabinets. My kids God willing have 7+ yrs of rving with me by then i will either get another rig or convert the area for storage. The thoughts of spending all that money and not getting anything different than i already have, that is making a bed in the middle of the living room/kitchen area and then having to put it up and out of the way every morning. Bunks just get out slide a curtain, cab over bed get out leave it alone. Just not many options. Would love to see a monaco, hr, etc with options for me!!!!!
I am sorry to have frustrated you. I did not see that there were young children involved. My oversight. I know there are many manufactures that offer bunk house models. Monaco is one of them. And here is a Itasca ad:

Don't give up and don't be too frustrated. Your on the right track by asking for help here. I want to be counted as one who help to contribute to your success and not your frustration.

Happy hunting and may the choice be with you!

Rick
Old 07-26-2014, 05:28 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
hey jerichorick so glad there are so many people on this site willing to help! what frustrates me is once again the lack of creativity in these mfg's. the solie is just like the palazzo and the sportscoach or any other dp model, it offers the bunks in the 38r but only offers the drop down bed in the 34t. why not offer the drop down bed with the bunks? am i crazy or am i the only guy in this country who would like to have 4kids sleep in 2 places that dont interfere with the rest of the rv?? 2 kids come out of the bunks and pull the curtains done. 2 more kids climb down from the front drop down bed done. no beds to put up, no dinette to put back together no couch, in the way, nothing but me making my cup of coffee and headin out the door. it must be rocket science to these mfg's. maybe i'm just the only idiot in this country who takes 4kids with him and doesn't wanna have a bed in the way all the time!!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #22

I have been looking for the exact same thing and have only found that floor plan in gassers. Good luck on finding one.if you do, please let us know what year, make and model.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:44 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey rooster will do, and so glad your looking the same set up. For a while there i thought i was the only nut out there let me know too if you find something!!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:29 AM   #24

Not familiar with all the models mentioned or brands. But seems the front drop bunks designs work well in the mid door coaches, not the front door coaches. The mid door designs are usually front engine designs. The whole "bus" style with the front door is thought to be the way to go, but it sure screws up the passenger floor with steps and covers. Move the door back 8', get the front drop bunk, get passenger floor for dog bed, purse, shoes, and stuff. Mid door gets better weather protection under the awning, is often closer to the patio, easier to load, and better access to the galley and bath when camped. Often quieter on the road as well, and allows the passenger seat to be forward to match the driver's seat for conversation while under way.

The front door design seems forced on buyers. Sort of like the way the SUV caused the mini vans to faded away, for a seemingly poor choice vehicle for a family with kids, and stuff.

We have no kids, we have almost always had a mini van, we have a mid door bus. To each their own.
sailwing2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:33 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sailwing you need to be hired by the mfg's!!!! Great points you nailed it!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #26

2015 Palazzo 33.3 bunk house with available drop down bed.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:53 AM   #27

Looks like any of tha Palazzo 33.3 models have those options
Old 07-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00ster View Post
2015 Palazzo 33.3 bunk house with available drop down bed.
Nice design, and diesel, lots of bunks and room in a short to drive and park RV. And oh surprise, a mid door entrance allowing the handy bunk, and easy access! The designers were watching this thread it seems.

So where are you camping, and what time are the burgers going to be ready? I'll have beer, wine and a toasting champagne chilled in the cooler when I get there.
sailwing2003 is offline   Reply With Quote