Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: What do you do in regards to bathing when in your M.H.
Usually take advantage of the shower in MH 419 85.16%
Use the shower, but only when hooked up in a park 33 6.71%
Use it only in emergency, hardly ever bothering to bath on the road 3 0.61%
Take sponge baths in the sink nearly always 3 0.61%
Prefer to shower outside using the coach's outside shower 1 0.20%
Just use the communal showers in the RV parks 33 6.71%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #85

I dont care how nice the communal showers are. I'm cleaning up in MY bathroom. Even if its cramped and smallish.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I much prefer to shower and potty in MY own space. Public facilities creep me out. They smell and who knows who has been in them and with who knows what. I know mine is spit spot clean and can do as I need as along as I need to. I have always had issues with public restrooms and showers...

Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi,

We use our shower and bathroom facilities in your motorhome all the time. I don't understand why you wouldn't use your own shower unless you don't want to clean it after you use it which is really no big deal.

Another factor to consider is what will you catch in public showers, athletes foot or plantar warts.

We use all the facilities in our motorhome as we know it is clean and our space.

Tom-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #88

Just got done takin going a shower in rv. The bath house is less then 30 foot away. Why use it if you have a shower ant toilet of your own
Old 09-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #89

I guess we're in the minority then. When we stay in a place that has nice facilities, we use the park's. No reason not too. Now, at 2am I'll use the RV's so I don't have to walk over to them in the middle of the night, or if the park's full of kids.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfiedler View Post
I guess we're in the minority then. When we stay in a place that has nice facilities, we use the park's. No reason not too. Now, at 2am I'll use the RV's so I don't have to walk over to them in the middle of the night, or if the park's full of kids.
I agree 100%
Old 09-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I tried bathing in the sink and let me tell you it was not fun. I weigh 250 and when I raised my leg it got hooked behind my head and I was thrashing around until I looked up and realized the blind on the widow was not closed and all the neighbors were standing there laughing. Just kidding!

We always use our own facilities. I worked in camps over the years and shared as many showers as I will ever have to.

Now that is funny !!!
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: Tahoe or 2500HD, BrakeBuddy Classic
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #92

We always use our own shower and bathroom. We bought the bath and a half version just so that wouldn't be aq problem. I guess that's why we bought a MH with everything ours has and spent the money on such a luxury. To enjoy the camping and seeing all there is to see in the United States and to still be able to enjoy our privacy and not worry about all the germs in a common bathroom facility.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #93

Monaco Owners Club
Middle of the night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfiedler View Post
Most people would consider 2 am the middle of the night.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #94

Ford Super Duty Owner
They have showers at CG's?
Old 12-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #95

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My shower in the MH is much nicer than what I have at home. Been a long time and will be longer before I use cg shower. Motels are one of the reasons I have had an RV of some kind for almost 50 years.
Grey Ghost I is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #96

We ALWAYS check out the shower/bathroom facilities when ever we are scouting out campgrounds. Either in person or using the reviews on the I-net. It gives us a feeling as to the type of people using the CG, and the type of cleanliness, condition of facilities. All those factors are critical to the environment we are looking for.

That said, we do use the showers only. We wear shower clogs and go very late at night. The shower in our old coach is usually full of stuff because we do not have a lot of storage room. Also, being a 1989 the shower stall/bathtub is not very roomy for anyone over 5'6" unless you keep your head in the skylight area.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #97

You need an "All of the above" button. Circumstances dictate what I do. With no sewer hookups and summer I may use the lake, shower in the bath house, use the outside shower. No sewer and winter I may do a sponge bath. Full hookups = full use of shower.

We stay mainly at state parks that don't have sewer. The tanks are smallish so I will use the public facilities to reduce the times I have to bring out the tote.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #98

We travel in a Pleasure Way Excel TS Class B and have completed 3 long trips totaling around 40,000 miles. We have showered at many, many different Campgrounds and we've never came across one that we didn't use for being too dirty etc. We have Flip Flops and a shower bag and pretty much have it down pat on how to shower easily. If we are Boondocking for a couple days we use our own shower. We have never contacted anything or experienced any problems. When we can stop at a Passport America park that has laundry, showers plus full hook up for $16-20 a night we use it all !