Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #29

Have a 12x40 , 30 amp elc., gated but no security camera, no water. Pay 97.00 per month in central Texas

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryan59 View Post
Where is the climate control full hook up location? I have stored mine in Innerspace Storage for the past 13 years.
X2

Marcusfan

Old 12-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #31

Jayco Owners Club
$67- per month for 12 X 40 covered. It is not enclosed, but is the northern half of a double. My 30' TT slides in easily and is protected by the MH parked behind, and the sun never peaks in the north side. Protected 1 side because it's the first space next to the enclosed spaces. Parked back to the back of the space, the rain and snow don't even make it to the tongue. I have power for occasional use but not all the time. I have good, potable water available. Secured by gate and fence with video. This was a God send...
Old 12-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Near Phoenix, I pay $150/mo for 50x15 covered but not enclosed.

Wash bay, dump station, and water are available in a central location.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #33

We were thinking about off site storage when we buy a unit. After seeing these prices and checking local rates, I'm wondering about keeping a MH in my driveway.

My biggest concern with this is that my driveway isn't level. It's about a 14% grade. And it concrete. With chocks for all four wheels do you think this would be safe? I'm a little concerned that it advertises you are not home whenever the unit isn't present, but I live in a very safe, low crime area.

Are there other things that I should be worried about that makes driveway storage a bad idea?
DaveInIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:29 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInIL View Post
We were thinking about off site storage when we buy a unit. After seeing these prices and checking local rates, I'm wondering about keeping a MH in my driveway.

My biggest concern with this is that my driveway isn't level. It's about a 14% grade. And it concrete. With chocks for all four wheels do you think this would be safe? I'm a little concerned that it advertises you are not home whenever the unit isn't present, but I live in a very safe, low crime area.

Are there other things that I should be worried about that makes driveway storage a bad idea?
it is too steep for leveling jacks. you cannot run the fridge.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInIL View Post

Not everyone worries about it... but something to consider is how your neighbors might feel about it and whether or not it violates any CC&R.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 12-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
we have 31' class c WB Access stored in gated area with some cameras,not covered, no utilities, about $45/month,within 5 miles of our house.
we have a slight grade on driveway and couldn't backup into driveway without rear scraping. We really would like to store at house but not feasible,plus our community group may say something.
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
If you live in a subdivision or area with deed restrictions then your homeowners assn. probably will not let you park in the driveway.Some will let you park in the back yard if it is behind a fence. Be careful parking on grass because it is hard to pull a motorhome out of the mud - I know from experience.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Not everyone worries about it... but something to consider is how your neighbors might feel about it and whether or not it violates any CC&R.

Rick
We went to a dealership in our area and actually stood next to and inside units that we might consider. Actually standing next to big steel - or maybe I should say big fiberglass - convinced me that these do NOT belong in my driveway. I will need to look for offsite storage and figure that into the financial calculations.

I'll post about the "shopping" experience in a new thread so I can get input from people with experience.

Thanks for all the input and advice. It was all very useful and appreciated.
DaveInIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #39

Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post

Rick
Closes neighbor 1000ft.,what is CC&R? Got to love Texas
Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL View Post
Closes neighbor 1000ft.,what is CC&R? Got to love Texas
I believe CC&R stands for Codes, Covenants, and Restrictions. They are legally binding "neighborhood rules" defining what one can and can't do regarding things like parking RVs on their property. They're pretty common in more densely packed areas.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 12-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Due to the damaging sun in FL, inside storage is expensive because people will pay for it. I pay $250. per month for a shared aircraft hanger on a private estate with water and electric. Double security gates and and a live onsite caretaker. Carport parking in my area is almost the same price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01685.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	52861  
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Up here in the frozen tundra area (-20F this morning) inside storage is at a premium. I found a 22'x50' insulated with heat provided, 14'x14' door with opener, service door, (2) 20amp 110 circuits, and gated security for $425/month. Considering our weather here and parking restrictions for my community, this works really nicely. Great to go in and have a heated workplace over the winter to clean, polish and putsy. --Tom

Tags
storage