Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #1

What is this?

This is my first motorhome or camper. I bought this mh used from a private seller who didn't know anything about it except that it drives and shifts ok. I got no user/owners manual with it, no instruction as to how anything works. I have owned this a year now and have figured everything our except this small box on the dash on the drivers. It has a on/off switch, a red and green light. When you turn it on all it does is buzz. It doesn't matter if your sitting or driving. if anyone could please tell me what it is and what its supposed to do. Thanks

The only thing on it is a name remco. I will try to get a picture on here of it if I can figure our how.
Brian313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Its a control box for a Remco Transmission Pump.. used for circulating oil around transmissions of usually non-towable vehicles, allowing them to be towed without destroying the tranny.

Store : Remco

Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #3

Remco sells alot of stuff for towing a car. They are known for transmission pumps that would circulate the tranny fluid while the car was being towed. It's possible that switch either turned it on or was an alarm in case it failed.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Might I suggest that you spend some dollars and hire a mobile RV Tech to come out and go through the unit with you so that you will be familiar with what is there and how it works. Yes, it will cost you some money, but it sure sounds like you need information on the rig.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #5

I was able to figure everything else out and get it working. I found all the owners manuals online between them and services manuals that was enough for me to get everything figured out and working. That little box is the only thing that I can't find anything one. I will post a picture in a few minutes. If anything what comes up I will do that. Where can I find someone to come out and explain everything?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV Repair and Service Near Beaver Springs

Try calling repair facilities near you. If they don't do it they'll probably be able to recommend someone.
RedWing Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130118_130208.png
Views:	202
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	32060
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #8

2X , on a Remco , lube pump control box. The box has an alarm, to tell you if the tow vehicle wiring is hooked up and the switch is not on & when the switch is on and no pump pressure in the tow vehicle is seen.
It's doing what it should you just don't have a towed.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #9

I have always put the car on the trailer and towed that way... Since I already have the trailer and don't know the first thing about with a bar and all 4 wheels on the ground. Thanks... That has bugged me since I bought this.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian313 View Post
Yep.. that is a REMCO Lube Pump control box..

It buzzes as an alarm to warn something is wrong with the pump... cause its not there... working..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Brian; Owners Manual. Georgie Boy was bought out by Coachmen. The Coachmen website has owners manuals available for download.
95 Pursuit Here: http://www.coachmenrv.com/OwnersManuals/14127945.pdf

The appliance manufacturers also have info online.
And more appliance owners manuals and troubleshooting info is here: Service Documents
This site may be helpful: RV Tech Library - Table of Contents

Enjoy your GeorgieBoy...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #12

Thank you for all the info. That link will be a huge help I'm sure. Does anyone know when coachmen bought out georgie boy?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Yep. I got one. I have a tranny pump on my jeep. That turns the pump on and off. The reason it rings when you turn it on. It can't find the pump and there is no pressure on the pressure switch in the tow car.
I'd leave it in case you get a car that needs a pump and you are all hooked up. It connects through the tow electric plug in the rear of the rig.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
Brian: Hard to find when Georgie Boy became a subsidiary of Coachmen. As best I can tell it was in late 1990's. (96-97?) GeorgieBoy remained a stand-alone company under Coachmen. Their manufacturing facilities remained in Edwardsburg Michigan until 2003 when they moved everything to Middlebury, Indiana which is also where the main Coachmen facility is located. Still reported as it's own facility but possibly co-located. By 2009-10 they seem to have been absorbed......
Coachmen apparently still has some parts and info on Georgie Boy, but I was not impressed last year -when I asked for info on my motorhome and was told that Georgie Boy never built a Landau Diesel pusher and I should go check again.....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote