RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 136
What products for exterior cleaning, protecting?

Our 28 foot Bounder is stored indoors so it stays pretty clean between uses. What would be a proper product to spray on and wipe of, say with a microfiber towel. It has vinyl decals, painted lowers and plastic bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C40C50AB-A288-4F3F-9FFC-96C50E4DEFD7.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	250419  
__________________

Fugitive861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
parks0412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive861 View Post
Our 28 foot Bounder is stored indoors so it stays pretty clean between uses. What would be a proper product to spray on and wipe of, say with a microfiber towel. It has vinyl decals, painted lowers and plastic bumpers.
I use "Wash Wax All." No water, works well and leaves my rig shiny.
__________________

parks0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
veraken's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 1,467
X2 Wash Wax All
__________________
Vera & Ken
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial, RR8S Chassis
Cummins 6C8.3 mechanical engine, 325HP, 3060 Allison
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:02 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Roadfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Chilliwack, BC Canada
Posts: 360
Turtle Wax Ice is a great wipe on wipe off. The good thing about TWI is that you can apply it to ANYTHING (black mouldings, glass, chrome, decals etc). The only problem is the durability. It'll last the season, but that's about it. I used it a lot on my faded paint and decals of my previous Class C.
__________________
Cheers
Chris
1998 Beaver Patriot Monticello - 330 HP Cat
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
HGC
Senior Member
 
HGC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 259
what products for exterior cleaning and protection

We love Wash Wax All. works great on the MH and other vehicles. And dirt seems to wash off in the rain. Wow! Something that actually works as described.
HGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #6
Community Administrator
 
NLOVNIT's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,030
Blog Entries: 1
Another supporter of Wash Wash All. Once I started using it on our Bounder in 2015, the only thing that actually got washed yearly (with SimpleGreen & water) was the roof. We have an RV port & that keeps our coach pretty clean. Using the WWAll a handful of times over the summer keeps it nice & the more you use it, the easier it goes on & the better it protects.

I use 303 Protectant on all rubber/plastic surfaces. Has a UV protectant in it.

Lori-
__________________
Lori & Dave - FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2018 Phaeton XSH 40 IH & 2014 CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining." Theodore Roosevelt
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Roadfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Chilliwack, BC Canada
Posts: 360
I hate you all. I'm a sucker for car detailing products (and usually am disappointed after the hype), so I ordered a bottle. I will report back, but it better be better than the 356 other products I have sitting on my detailing shelves............
__________________
Cheers
Chris
1998 Beaver Patriot Monticello - 330 HP Cat
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
Community Moderator
 
Spk64's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Floyds Knobs, In.
Posts: 6,812
Another fan of Wash Wax All. Beyond a good wash after road grime accumulates Wash Wax All is what I use all season. Touch ups at campground or a weekend trip if needed.
I have their mop kit and takes about 1 hour to do 40 coach.
__________________
Steve
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095
Spk64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:57 PM   #9
RRR
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 978
Another user of Wash Wax All. I haven't used it on a dirty rig yet as it seams as being on the wet side of Oregon I just have too much grime on it and I can't overcome the fear of doing it dry.
__________________
2016 Bounder 34T Anniversary Edition
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:05 AM   #10
Community Moderator
 
Spk64's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Floyds Knobs, In.
Posts: 6,812
One comment on the Wash and Wax All for those just trying it out. You do not need to use the amount the they specify on the mop they talk about one spray pump per square foot. It generally takes about 1/3-1/4 that amount. 1 pump for 4-5 sq ft very light amount.
__________________
Steve
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095
Spk64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #11
Community Administrator
 
NLOVNIT's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,030
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
...I just have too much grime on it and I can't overcome the fear of doing it dry.
On our previous Bounder, the only place I didn't do it dry was the rear cap ledge where road grit accumulated. Like you, I was afraid, even using the dampened mop head, the grit would scratch the finish. So I always rinsed that section off before using the WWAll. According to the distributor, it can be used on the grit with no scratching, but I just didn't want to take the chance.

Since our Phaeton is new to us as of just this April, it's gotten only 1 coat on it so far. It took a bit longer to do...an hour & 15 minutes, but then this coach is 4ft longer & also taller with 2 more slide ends to do than our Bounder had.

Oh, for comparison, hand washing with soap/water, chamois drying, hand applying NuFinish & then buffing with an orbiter took an entire weekend & we'd be completely exhausted when done. I get the same shine with WWAll with WAY less effort.

Lori-
__________________
Lori & Dave - FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2018 Phaeton XSH 40 IH & 2014 CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining." Theodore Roosevelt
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:02 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,456
I’ll have to check with my wife. I gave her a two speed buffer-polisher for mother’s day and she has used it to great effect. I think she prefers Meguiars. I prefer Deschutes Black Butte Porter.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Air Conditioned Gypsy's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Another user of Wash Wax All. I haven't used it on a dirty rig yet as it seams as being on the wet side of Oregon I just have too much grime on it and I can't overcome the fear of doing it dry.
You shouldn't use Wash Wax All dry when there is a lot of grime on the coach. A coating of dust is ok, but if there is dirt, it is a good idea to rinse it off first. For example, if you are sitting on a gravel site and it rains, you get dirt splattered on the lower couple of feet of the coach. Need to rinse first, then put on the WWA. I went to a seminar at an FMCA rally and the WWA guy recommended this.

I use WWA and really like the results.

Regards.

Chuck
__________________
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Honda CR-V Toad
Air Conditioned Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:44 PM   #14
RRR
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
On our previous Bounder, the only place I didn't do it dry was the rear cap ledge where road grit accumulated. Like you, I was afraid, even using the dampened mop head, the grit would scratch the finish. So I always rinsed that section off before using the WWAll. According to the distributor, it can be used on the grit with no scratching, but I just didn't want to take the chance.

Since our Phaeton is new to us as of just this April, it's gotten only 1 coat on it so far. It took a bit longer to do...an hour & 15 minutes, but then this coach is 4ft longer & also taller with 2 more slide ends to do than our Bounder had.

Oh, for comparison, hand washing with soap/water, chamois drying, hand applying NuFinish & then buffing with an orbiter took an entire weekend & we'd be completely exhausted when done. I get the same shine with WWAll with WAY less effort.

Lori-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Conditioned Gypsy View Post
You shouldn't use Wash Wax All dry when there is a lot of grime on the coach. A coating of dust is ok, but if there is dirt, it is a good idea to rinse it off first. For example, if you are sitting on a gravel site and it rains, you get dirt splattered on the lower couple of feet of the coach. Need to rinse first, then put on the WWA. I went to a seminar at an FMCA rally and the WWA guy recommended this.

I use WWA and really like the results.

Regards.

Chuck
Thanks both. It is kind of what I figured.

I cut down the effort to shine it up. I grab the 10 & 13 year old grandsons and one does the upper and one does the lower. I sit in a chair and make sure they don't miss any spots.
__________________

__________________
2016 Bounder 34T Anniversary Edition
RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Protecting exterior from lawn sprinklers water spots Mitimet Class A Motorhome Discussions 9 06-04-2018 10:51 AM
Exterior cleaning products ajbettencour iRV2.com General Discussion 9 05-01-2018 06:38 AM
Zaino products and Z-CS for protecting the paint Burfman Country Coach Owners Forum 2 05-03-2017 12:19 PM
RV Exterior cleaning products johnzuki iRV2.com General Discussion 12 02-12-2015 02:05 PM
Cleaning an awning-what cleaning products work best? Sthwindrider Class A Motorhome Discussions 13 08-27-2014 06:37 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.