Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2016, 09:31 PM   #1

What to do about uppity neighbors??

I live in Best Western's Pahrump Station RV park here in Pahrump Nevada during the winter. Great park, great neighbors. Eventually I want to live here year round and spend the rest of my life here. Perhaps the best park in Pahrump. Just had a couple move into the park that's been here only 2 days and their already stirring up trouble. They pulled into spot 632 in a shiny new class A south fork Motorhome. About 2 spaces over from me. Their RV Looks pretty good. What most of us cannot afford. About $150.000 rig. But it's gone to their heads, and these people are not really even retired age yet. They have started complaining because all of the surrounding neighbors don't have rigs as nice as theirs. They think their neighbors should move. Started complaining about my Motorhome being close to theirs. We have a close knit community here. I love my neighbors dearly, and it was very peaceful ( the best in Pahrump) until these (Mod Edit) came along. I have been here all winter, my 3 favorite neighbors have lived here for decades. One of them is in a wheelchair because of his polio he had since childhood. About ready to tell these people if they don't like their neighbors to find another RV park. Don't you just love these people who think they own the whole park just because they live in a 100k rig parked in 1 spot. These who just can't live and let live. They probably don't even own it. Their probably making monthly payments to their dying day. I think the time a week is up they will be spell out all kinds of trouble around the park with their complaining. I am tempted to rat on them to hotel resort management and get them bounced from the park to restore our once very peaceful atmosphere. They management won't care if they get booted because we get plenty of snowbirds this time of year. Perhaps someone nicer will come along. I have a weak ticker and bad asthma and can't deal with unneeded stress. What do you think I should do???

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2016, 09:34 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So what's your problem?
The have as much right to be there as you do.
Plus you're the one saying they're "uppity" then complaining about their more expensive rig. Seems like you might be envious of them. Plus who cares if they're retired or not? Is there an age limit at the park and they're not old enough?
Quote:
Their RV Looks pretty good. What most of us cannot afford. About $150.000 rig. But it's gone to their heads, and these people are not really even retired age yet.
Then this:
Quote:
I think the time a week is up they will be spell out all kinds of trouble around the park with their complaining. I am tempted to rat on them to hotel resort management and get them bounced from the park to restore our once very peaceful atmosphere.
Kind of seems to me you're being the trouble maker and not them. But if they're doing something illegal or against the rules then you have a right and duty to "rat them out"

BTW: we have a pretty expensive rig but we don't care who parks next to us or who we park next to if they follow the rules and laws. And yes, I've reported a few people, but only for stuff like letting their dogs run loose and cleaning fish at other sites and leaving the guts on the ground.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #3

The Bad News: You have unpleasant neighbors.

The Good News: They will probably be gone soon.

It's a part of life. Much better than having lousy neighbors in a residence. I lived for 22 years with a nasty neighbor next to my parents house. For about 10 years we kids in the area paid her back every Halloween. Eggzactly!
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #4

As Judge Judy would say

MOVE
Old 01-21-2016, 09:53 PM   #5

The Good News: You have wheels and you can move.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
Or maybe not, we only have one side of it here and there are usually three sides to it, his, theirs and the truth.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Have you tried having a friendly conversation to discuss your concerns with him or them?

Is the High Bay RV/car wash below you still closed? My rig needs washed.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #8

If they are as bad as you say they'll soon have no friends and will move on to, for them, a more friendly place. Just my thought.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #9

So they are two spaces over but complaining about your rig being close to theirs? Is that correct. Can you elaborate on more what was actually said? Some specifics on the "trouble" they are causing?
Sorry to be a doubter but something says there is more to this story.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:03 PM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
If they are as bad as you say they'll soon have no friends and will move on to, for them, a more friendly place. Just my thought.

I agree!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #11

I think Mr. D summed it up pretty well.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 12:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah View Post
So they are two spaces over but complaining about your rig being close to theirs? Is that correct. Can you elaborate on more what was actually said? Some specifics on the "trouble" they are causing?
Sorry to be a doubter but something says there is more to this story.
I have to agree, it sound's like we are missing something here. Maybe not. Maybe they are just that kind of special, but I just find that a bit hard to believe.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #13

I don't think this went in the direction as the OP was hoping for. Some things to the first post do not seem to ad up correctly.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Don't sweat the small stuff. And by the way, it is ALL Small Stuff.

Your life will be happier.

05 American Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote