Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #43
Tiffin Owners Club
My TV antenna crank fell off. Not much of a problem after reading all these other posts.
Hopefully I can find the parts and get it cranking again. We don't use it much, but it's nice to have when you need it....

Larry and Prissy Sharp
2006 Allegro Bay 37DB
2012 Toyota Yaris
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2014, 04:14 AM   #44
Fleetwood Owners Club
The backup camera LED monitor screen went bad. Had to replace it. Found one on Amazon, less expensive than the manufacturer site. Installed, works great. I didn't realize how much I depended on it, until it wasn't working!

Penster, Williamsburg, VA: Me, Him, and Oliver the cat
2012 Bounder 35K aka "Big Red", 2 Suzuki Savage LS650's (1 for her, 1 for him).
Penster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #45
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
Seriously? The gray tank actually fell off? That has got to be embarrassing :()
Yep, luckily it happened at .5mph onto grass.

Mounting points for the straps one side failed, rusted clean through.
Luckily it only cost 150 (approx. $240) to fix and I got them to weld the straps on the black tank that had been held together with cable ties! (I kid you not!).
ElvistheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:55 PM   #46
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seven month old rig...so far: two Lippert Schwintek slides, one power gear slide (now owned by Lippert), Lippert levelers....seeing a pattern here....HDMI Switcher x2, leak behind shower, MCD windshield shades fell off, Lippert Innova bed lift system. These were all Winnebago factory warranty items. I am now officially glad DW insisted on an extended warranty. Hope Lippert gets their act together. They own a big part of the RV parts industry. Ford F53 chassis...right as rain.
Bev& Keith
Kyriana(14)Aidan(11), Emily and Olivia (2) Grandchildren
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #47
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last 3 things in reverse order

Blower/fan motor on Front air conditioner (replaced with spare, spare is actually Original motor on this unit, long story)

Fan (not motor but the fan itself) on rear A/C, Replaced with AMERICAN made one for 15 bucks used (original made in china)

Vortec 8.1... Saving up to replace that one.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #48
Today we had to replace two of the shocks on our MH that were leaking. When they tried to remove one of the old shocks, they couldn't. The shock mount was all twisted and bent. After much work they managed to get the shock out, and they had to heat and try to straighten out the shock mount. The shop wasn't sure if they could do it or if we would have to have frame work. Thankfully they straighten it out and replaced the shock. The guy said the only thing that could have bent the shock mounts like that was for someone to use a floor jack under the shock mount to jack the motorhome up. Cost for straightening was $400. A word of caution, watch out how the tire places, etc jack up your MH.
Jim and Shirley McGehee
2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna
2013 Honda Fit Toad, 2003 Jeep Liberty Toad
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #49
The ignition control module. Went to start the engine. It wouldn't start. After 2 hours I finally gave up. A friend said it's probably the ignition module. Went to autozone, bought the new part, put it in, and now the motorhome runs like new.
Oh yes! The fan motor for my stove range. The motor bearings started making horrible noise. 😦 But I didn't have to replace. Lubricated the fan bearings. Now it works as good as new. Cost to repair: $5

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:50 AM   #50
Oh yes! The fan motor for my stove range. The motor bearings started making horrible noise. 😦 But I didn't have to replace. Lubricated the fan bearings. Now it works as good as new. Cost to repair: $5

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.

Yep exactly the same thing and fix on my '83 southwind eagle.
ElvistheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:25 AM   #51
Toilet valve

Getting ready to go on an adventure a couple weeks ago and stepped in some water on the hall floor coming from the bathroom. Small trickle was coming from the base of the toilet. Felt and looked around and couldn't finrd the source. Tried to tighten the connection at the toilet, thinking that might be the problem and the bottom of the valve squirted. Pulled the toilet and the valve was cracked at the connection. Being the day and time I finally found the problem my local RV shop was closed. Had to drive 20+ miles to buy the valve kit needed at two times the normal price. Replaced the valve and the sewer bisket with the new from the kit and got on the road. Then on return I went to Amazon and ordered a spare for next time. Thetford 31705 Aqua-Magic V Toilet Water Module Assembly, a worthy investment to assure a future happy camping experience.

Just Another Old Doggy, Don
2004 Hurricane 30Q F53 V10
2009 KarKaddy SS
2011 Chevy Malibu
OldDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #52
Toilet valve. I now carry a spare toilet rebuild kit.

2014 ShowHauler 45'
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
brunsje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Constant Breakage

Originally Posted by terry735001 View Post
...see what some of the small and big things are that can come at us every day
My logbook's 172nd entry was generated when the long Brustor awning again came off the side of our coach during pre-trip inspection extension.

The spindle/mast for Brustor awnings rides, at the non-motor end, in a plastic saddle the side of your thumb. Perfectly adequate for a 30" wide awning, but a disaster in the making when the unit is ten feet long. Ironically, a common steel 3/8"npt floor flange found at any home improvement warehouse lines up perfectly with the awning's endplate holes and (with the addition of a brass bushing) quadruples the working load of the piece. Photo is below.

The sole source for Brustor parts in the US, to my knowledge, is K&M Mobile RV Repair, at 541-953-6162. They can be emailed at kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com

Brustor window awnings must be regularly inspected for security, and for wear to the spindle saddle. Cover attach screws must be secure, arm hardware must be tightened. Hex screws that lock the awning on its track must be snug. All three sheetmetal screws that hold the endplates must be intact and secure. Retraction margins must be such that the awning is not over-tightened against the rig, causing detachment from track at the motor end. Ensure that the fairing spanning the outboard portion of the arms does not bind against the upper fairing assembly at retraction, causing unequal extension and failure of the plastic saddle along with damage to arms and associated hardware. If failure is suspected, securely bind both fairings at each end prior to moving the vehicle. Follow manufacturer's instructions carefully when working on arms, whose tension can cause serious injury to both the rig and technician.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Milspec Awning Flange.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	78910  
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #54
What hasn't broke on your RV? If you run a RV better carry a vast array of equipment,,,, because your going to need it!!

joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #55
2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B bought brand new June 2013.
So, here we go:

Replace both steer tires, mismounted, very bad wobbling, almost shook passenger side mirror off.
One basement storage door wouldn't stay latched
One storage drawer under the dinette was misaligned and would close easily
Replace driver's side window, wouldn't latch, built upside down, true. 6 screws stripped by dealer, I fixed those
Repair water heater that was 2 inches too long for compartment. Mashed bypass valve into back of tank, bent tank
And, water heater vent was warping wall, made a defletor
Turn signal repair, lh turn wouldn't engage
Generator sold with bad fuel pump
Overtorqued and broken anchor bolt, 1 of 4, for holding genny in mh frame
Numerous waterleaks, shower, sinks, etc.
Replaced fogging Velmac driver's side mirror glass, me
Finally DEF pump system failure caused dpf to plug up and engine to derate. MH took a puke on a big trip
Two repairs later doing pretty good.

Fuming and angry, you bet. Feel like such a fool for buying a very big lemon. Almost scared to drive it. Poor, pis$ poor quality control at every level. Fleetwood, Freightliner, Cummins, C/Onan, Good Year.

Letters out to everybody. Next step attorney.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:43 AM   #56
Just finished installing a Kwikee arm kit and a new (car window lift) motor. Previous owner apparently weighed significantly more than me ... Think I'll keep the bungee nearby anyway ... engineering of the Kwikee step leaves a lot to desire.

2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is online now   Reply With Quote