Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #57

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmweb View Post
2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B bought brand new June 2013.

Fuming and angry, you bet. Feel like such a fool for buying a very big lemon. Almost scared to drive it. Poor, pis$ poor quality control at every level. Fleetwood, Freightliner, Cummins, C/Onan, Good Year.

Last winter, we visited a Fleetwood dealer in CA. The salesman was very polite, and toured us through several coaches, new and used. As we climbed up into a beautiful brand new Fleetwood Expedition, the hand rail that is fastened to the front dash came off in my hand. I commented to the salesman that they would have to fix that. The salesman took the hand rail from me, crudely stuffed it back in its place on the dash and commented that they wouldn't bother until someone bought the coach. Then the new owners could put in their request for any repairs they think are necessary.

Hmmmmmm.

Jim

Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #58

Kenmore Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
The "last" thing to fail was our NorCold 1200 4 door fridge. I suspect many will have this thread entry so I don't think a picture will help.

Currently replacing with a residential Kenmore unit, which is a $800 solution. Much less than fixing the Notocold. I'll add a picture when we get the residential unit installed.

I could add a couple of others like the converter failure/replacement and entry step motor/actuator replacement, but I won't!!
Here are a couple of pics of our 10.7 cu ft fridge replacement. A great replacement for the Notocold 1200!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RESIDENTIAL FRIDGE PICS 001.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	79095   Click image for larger version

Name:	RESIDENTIAL FRIDGE PICS 002.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	79096  

Click image for larger version

Name:	RESIDENTIAL FRIDGE PICS 003.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	79097  

vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor3000 View Post
here are a couple of pics of our 10.7 cu ft fridge replacement. A great replacement for the notocold 1200!!
sweet !!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
With a big smile the last thing to break in our rig was the seal on a bottle of Breckenridge Bourbon.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #61
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Can't say anything really broke lately. Some things hadn't been well maintained by previous owners or just wore out and I managed to fix them before they broke.......happens often!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #62
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Slide toppers finally started to fail from UV damage.
I ordered a new set from Tough Top Awnings.
Did the work with a friend in the park in about 3 hours.
$500
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #63

Ford Super Duty Owner
Do we have to confess whether or not we broke it? Seems like it is one step forward and two steps back. When you fix one thing there is always something you see that is better and you have to have one. New and improved so I have to have it. Had my 2005, 38' less than a year and replaced batteries, replaced half the brake lines due to being rusted out and leaked all fluid out and luckily it happened in the driveway. Fluid was gushing out! Replace O2, LPG and smoke detectors. LPG detector was going off and I couldn't hear the high pitch. MY wife came in and asked what is that noise and I said what noise? Caulked the roof, added satellite TV, converted all lights to LED, ran into patio gutter trying not to hit the fence, had water leak I have still yet to find. I have pulled every cover there is on the RV and still have not found anything. I am a do it yourself kind of guy with back injuries and I have a hard time sending my unit off to be repaired and waiting for some idiot to fix what is wrong. I am retired, drive a 15 year old truck so new things don't impress me, great deals do. Oh yes the water fill had water draining out of it. Found the screen was pushing the button on the check valve and all I did was turn the screen around and all was ok. That was another thing the wonderful people on here helped me to find!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #64

Country Coach Owners Club
Diesel Generator would start but not run.

Replaced the fuel filter and check for flow of fuel at the same time.

Pulled the fuel shutdown solenoid wire connector to test for power on wire. There was.

Reconnected wire connector.

Generator started.

Whew!
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #65

Ford Super Duty Owner
Don't think we broke it but ABS light came on and won't go off so something is amiss. Does not effect regular braking system, but something I need to figure out over the winter.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #66

Rexhall Owners Group
Bought our 99 Rexhall Aerbus in April. Just completed one extended trip of 7,000 miles. Other than that have driven it maybe 500 miles. Most expensive repair will be replacing the black tank. It started leaking after we returned from the long trip. That will be $2,000 - $2,500. Other than that had the E-brake rebuilt for $675.00. Geny fuel pump replaced for $300. Jack solenoid rplaced $200. Now shop says steps need to be replaced. They bang after opening and closing for maybe 30 seconds. Steps were like that when we bought it. Service guy said about $750.00 to replace. I said I'll try my pitch fork. Dug it into the ground and pushed hard on the step. Significant improvement. Next I gave it a shot of lube. That also helped.

Unfortunately, I don't have a place to work on the Aerbus or I would have tried to replace the black tank myself. But to be honest, my skill set is a bit weak so for the most part I'm stuck paying $100 to 130 an hour labor. Parts for all the work, maybe $800.00. Labor, probably $3,000. So for all you DIYers buy yourself a drink. You earned it.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyb1st View Post
Bought our 99 Rexhall Aerbus in April. Just completed one extended trip of 7,000 miles. Other than that have driven it maybe 500 miles. Most expensive repair will be replacing the black tank. It started leaking after we returned from the long trip. That will be $2,000 - $2,500. Other than that had the E-brake rebuilt for $675.00. Geny fuel pump replaced for $300. Jack solenoid rplaced $200. Now shop says steps need to be replaced. They bang after opening and closing for maybe 30 seconds. Steps were like that when we bought it. Service guy said about $750.00 to replace. I said I'll try my pitch fork. Dug it into the ground and pushed hard on the step. Significant improvement. Next I gave it a shot of lube. That also helped.

Unfortunately, I don't have a place to work on the Aerbus or I would have tried to replace the black tank myself. But to be honest, my skill set is a bit weak so for the most part I'm stuck paying $100 to 130 an hour labor. Parts for all the work, maybe $800.00. Labor, probably $3,000. So for all you DIYers buy yourself a drink. You earned it.

If your going to farm out some repairs, the black tank would be the one I would farm out.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandG-Fun View Post
With a big smile the last thing to break in our rig was the seal on a bottle of Breckenridge Bourbon.
Nice!! if you like the Breck, try TinCup!!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #69

me arse............. scrubbin and cleanin
Old 11-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #70

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well this last trip:
1) The serpentine belt (2nd time). This time the mechanic knew about the hidden bracket that was causing the problem. RV runs quieter and smoother. Cost = $170 and waiting for another rescue from Good Sam.

2) Lost an AC shroud somewhere, somehow. Figure about $200 to replace. We will probably start with Colaw to see if they can find a suitable vintage replacement.

3) House battery bank isn't holding charge & fails under load. Since it's winter, we opted to wait until spring to replace them. Better than putting new batteries in a deep freeze and sitting all winter. Don't know cost of batteries yet. Not sure this doesn't just fall under maintenance.

Textronics is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake