Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I didn't even think about not having a gas oven when we bought this motorhome. It would have been a deal breaker if I had been thinking. I was blinded with the glitz.
RV manufacturers build what people will buy. You bought the glitz and not the practical gas oven, so you confirmed their judgment when they designed the floor plan and amenities. Many of us have done something similar when buying an RV, so we have ourselves to blame.

We bought a coach that lacked storage space, even drawers, in the galley. Duh...didn't even have a place for silverware! We figured we could manage because we loved everything else about it. Within 18 months we spent big bucks to remodel to get enough space for reasonable living. FWIW, this coach had both a gas oven and convection oven, but we had to sacrifice the gas oven to get cabinet space. There is always a trade-off.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #30
Fleetwood Owners Club
This was our first MH after owning 4 progressively newer 5ers. The last 5er did not have an oven. It was the one we kept the shortest time. My wife really missed the oven. The 42F has two slides that gives us two full closets with double hangers (one across the rear of the coach & one in the bathroom area). I have not seen this kind of storage in any of the new floorplans released in the past 3 years.

David & Gail Salisbury, NC
2003 American Eagle 42'
denochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #31
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is not the number of slides but rather their size and location. I have two - one 15 ft slide on drivers side for front couch and dining area and on passenger side a 20ft slide after midish entry door with kitchen all the way back to bedroom. They overlap in kitchen and opposing dining area for 5ft giving a huge open area and feel. 86" ceiling, full size king bed and a side bathroom including shower area that you do not have to go through to get to the bedroom. My model came as either a gas pusher or diesel pusher - I have the gas one and love it. Rexhall still sells the gas pusher. Got my 2008 fully loaded gas pusher Winnebago Destination 39w in foreclosure w. 3800 miles on it in March of 09 and absolutely love it. I like the mid entry so I can use the passengers seat as an out of the way office when parked. We all have different likes and dislikes but getting input from others is key to helping you focus on all the issues. Greg
2012 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42e Cummins Freightliner; 2009 Honda Fit
gbs2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #32
The OP asked about the next "must have" gimic will be. The latest that I have seen is the fold down patio where a slide would normally be complete with glass sliding doors and a fold out TV. Not too pratical looking to me but it sure is a new gimick. Better hurry if you want one of these, have only seen them in the last Country Coaches and there aren't too many of them left around but several of the ones left have that feature, for what its worth. lol Gene
2015 Entegra
Cornerstone 45B
2014 Lincoln MKT
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #33
Thought of one. A heated compartment for lotions and sun screen so the DW doesn't have to scream when she smears some on from a cold medicine cabinet.
two2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #34
Thor Owners Club
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
Thought of one. A heated compartment for lotions and sun screen so the DW doesn't have to scream when she smears some on from a cold medicine cabinet.

Seriously, I really like my side-aisle floorplan, where the midship bathroom is all in one room. The washer/dryer is in the center of the coach, right over the rear wheels, where it should be. (doesn't shake/vibrate the whole rig when doing the laundry). Also, with the aisle/entry into the bedroom on the side, it keeps the bedroom nice & dark if you want to sleep in, or it's perfect as my DW often suffers migraines.

I was sold upon entering my rig due to the side hallway. I thought this would be more popular. I don't see a downside, but if there is one, express why you don't like 'em.
2012 Thor Astoria 36MQ
Butter Toffee on Toasted Almond
'96 Cherokee toad Tim, Dar & our black Lab "Chase"
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #35
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I think dishwashers that fit in the area of a drawer would be a nice option.
Lynnvt & George (DH), Sam the traveling pooch
2014 Primetime Crusader 32' fifth wheel
Lynnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #36
Originally Posted by Lynnvt View Post
I think dishwashers that fit in the area of a drawer would be a nice option.
That actually is a common option now and has been for several years. We have one and in our opinion is great. My wife would not be without it and they claim is actually uses less water than washing with 2 sinks by hand.
2015 Entegra
Cornerstone 45B
2014 Lincoln MKT
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I like Rexhalls too! Also this month's Motorhome magazine has a review of a 37' Winnebago with a full wall slide on one side and 2 smaller slides on the other with a rear full bath and mid half bath, a very nice looking floor plan.
Steve & Nancy
2005 Itasca Sunrise 33', W20 Chassis, Ultrapower, Henderson Trac Bar
2012 Chevy Captiva Sport AWD, ReadyBrute Elite Tow Bar, Blue Ox Base Plate, Protect-A-Tow
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #38
Monaco Owners Club
The big problem with Rexhall's are the price $$$. Well over $200,000 for a gas coach. You can get new diesels (not low-end ones either) for that and less.
Bob 2006 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ
US Navy Carrier Battlegroup 1959/1963
Summer in Colorado, Winter Texas Gulf Coast
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #39
I don't know if it qualifies as the next best thing since I have already seen this installed in a motorhome, but is sure would be the next "thing" to me. Not my kind of accessory but maybe it's a learned experience.
Washlet S400

Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote