Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 PM   #15

Lowes and HD carry a product called Invisible Glass. Comes in a spray bottle. Been using it for 2 years and am pleased with the results.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Like your tag line and fully understand it.

Diamond Coat on the windows. no wax of any kind.
Wax on the body, I've used everal brands over 26 waxings and like Turtle Wax ICE as well as the ever popular product the spelling of which I can not get right Mcguliars or somethign close to that.

I like to buy when it's on sale.

The best wax I ever used (not on the RV but one the one and only new car I ever owned) was good old Simonize Lots of work but I wound up with a very slippery car that slid through the air with the greatest of ease the MPG was lovely and the Driver was pleased.

A good wax job can make a BIG MPG difference.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Several times a year, I clean my car windows with ‘0000 steel wool’. It does a great job and doesn’t scratch the glass. Be sure it is 4 0000 though. I use the Rain-x washer fluid.

I used to buy the Goodyear windshield wipers at Costco. They have a great price but we were never satisfied with the results. Last fall I tried the Rain-x wipers. What a difference. They are expensive though, I think it was something like $24 each, but we feel it’s worth it to be able to see well in the rain.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm a big RainX fan, use it on all my cars, but it is not even close to Rejex for performance on the MH windshield. The biggest benefit is cleaning off bugs. You can wash a lot off with just a spray of a hose and no scrubbing.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:15 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh2obury View Post
Lowes and HD carry a product called Invisible Glass. Comes in a spray bottle. Been using it for 2 years and am pleased with the results.
Invisible Glass is made right here in Southern Lancaster County Pa. Great product.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't think it last longer than rain-x, but I just use denatured alcohol. Get it in the paint section of home depot or other hw stores. A couple of $$ per quart.

Regards.

Chuck
Old 06-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #21

Based on the above recommendations I bought some Invisible Glass and am using it now. $3.97 at Walmart. Seems to clean and leaves no streaks.
Zman1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:55 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another vote for Rejex. We apply it to the whole coach (glass and paint) twice a year and apply a fresh coat the front before each trip. Unless the rain is really heavy I usually don't have to turn the wipers on. Makes getting the bugs off the paint and glass real easy. We could probably get away with only applying it once a year but the coach is stored outside in the GA sun. It might cost more than other products but it is worth it.

RejeX® - Official Site

It lives up to it's motto: Nothing stick but the shine.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:34 AM   #23

That $20 bottle of Rejex will wax my entire 40 MH twice so if you are just using it on your windshield it should last for years. It does last longer than Rain X
Old 06-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
That $20 bottle of Rejex will wax my entire 40 MH twice so if you are just using it on your windshield it should last for years. It does last longer than Rain X
Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I was disappointed in how well rejex worked as a replacement for rain-x. It did not repel water nearly as well as rain-x and it seemed to last about the same as rain-x. I put 2 coats on the windshield. What am I missing?
Also, used it on the entire coach and even though it worked well, it didn't seem to work any better than Nu-finish. Which is half the price.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #25

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I tried the Rain-X washer fluid and found it did not work as well as using the original Rain-X and it made my low washer fluid light stay on no matter how full the bottle was.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I was disappointed in how well rejex worked as a replacement for rain-x. It did not repel water nearly as well as rain-x and it seemed to last about the same as rain-x. I put 2 coats on the windshield. What am I missing?
Also, used it on the entire coach and even though it worked well, it didn't seem to work any better than Nu-finish. Which is half the price.

I don't think there is a wrong way. The deciding factor for me on Rejex is the ease of buffing off the wax. I can apply one day and buff off easily the next day. I haven't used Nu-Finish in years but it obviously didn't impress me back then. I do think that cleaning the windshield with 0000 steel wool helps to extend the effectiveness of both Rejex and Rain-X. Most people skip this step because they don't have steel wool laying around or they think it will scratch their glass.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
I don't think there is a wrong way. The deciding factor for me on Rejex is the ease of buffing off the wax. I can apply one day and buff off easily the next day. I haven't used Nu-Finish in years but it obviously didn't impress me back then. I do think that cleaning the windshield with 0000 steel wool helps to extend the effectiveness of both Rejex and Rain-X. Most people skip this step because they don't have steel wool laying around or they think it will scratch their glass.

Clay bar works well too prior to any coating.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I use lemon Pledge with two micro fibre towels. One after the initial spray and one to buff dry. IMHO better and easier than Rain-X.
RROLDSX is offline   Reply With Quote