Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #1

Whats used for roof vent leaks

Has anyone used the as seen on tv flex seal product to try to fix a roof leak, are what would be the best product to fix a roof vent leak? Thks, Chuck
rvillini is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #2

Watch multiple post it's against the rules
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
whats uses for roof vent leaks

Depending on the repair Dicor and Eterna bond tape seem to be the roof and seam repair products I see on the RV forums. Silicone is not acceptable. Suggest you use the search feature for the repair you need to do. I am assuming your leak fix is an installation remove and reinstall issue.

Paul
Big Dog House On Wheels
2013 Coachmen Freelander 28QB
on 2012 Chevrolet 4500
Using iRV2 app
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Dicor Self leveling caulk is great for seams around openings. EternaBond tape is also great for joints and areas that need sealing. I wouldn't use a "Seen on TV Product" for MY RV. Dicor and EternaBond both have a good reputation of long lasting repairs.
Silicone isn't suggested because it WILL fail and nothing will stick or seal over the residue left by the silicone.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #5

It depends upon what the roof is made of. I would use Dicor caulking if the roof is rubber(EDPM).
SKP Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvillini View Post
Has anyone used the as seen on tv flex seal product to try to fix a roof leak, are what would be the best product to fix a roof vent leak? Thks, Chuck

I wouldn't take a chance on that stuff! If it's one of the small vent pipes I would use the Dicor 502LSW self-leveling sealant. If it's a large opening, like a vent fan, I would use the 4" EternaBond tape.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #7

I used liquid rubber on all of my vents and it works great, it's expensive, but it works. Liquid Roof RV Repair | Only Liquid EPDM In The World!
I also had a seam leak between the front roof cap and the rubber roof, i bought some roof sealant I bought at Camping World for a few bucks, it is so much more viscus than RTV. After it cured, I coated the rest of the seam with the liquid rubber.
Don and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #8

Leak

Go to hardware store and get a can , not the tube, of thru the roof. Stuff is wonderful. Put on with a paint brush. It is like silicone but spreads easly. Dries clear. Used it several times even on windshield seal.
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, roof, vent