Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Where to buy batteries??

Happy Thanksgiving All,

I am contemplating the purchase of new house batteries. The chassis batteries are fairly new so I will not be replacing them. I have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution and I believe that I still have the original batteries to power my inverter. Where is the best place to purchase replacement batteries and have them installed. Should I head to the local Camping World store, or will the Sears automotive store suffice? I am also planning a trip to Florida in January and we may attend the Fleetwood Rally at Lazy Days. Should I hold off and get them there?

Thanks for your opinions.

Faith

fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
What kind of batteries are in the coach now? If they are not AGM have you had the batteries tested to see if they are bad? I believe the originals were AGM but there was a charging parameter not set correctly causing damage to them. What type of battery needs do you expect in the future? You may want to use lead acid and if so your sources will be far wider than with AGM type batteries.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Recently I purchased a battery for my toad and one for my motorhome engine. I decided to go with Walmart batteries after looking at Costco and Sam's club. All appeared to be similar. The warranty was for three years replacement if the battery tested bad.

We travel all over the country and I can always find a Walmart. Keep it simple.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #4

6v, 12v, what are you looking for? If it is 12v what size?
Not much info.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi fansill,
RV Wizard gave some good advice. If you want flooded batteries (must add water, from time to time) Camping World is as good as anybody. However, they do not sell AGM (sealed) coach batteries. Consider looking in the Yellow Pages for store in your area. Batteries + sells the type needed for a coach. Interstate is another good brand. Like previously posted, WalMart also sells deep cycle batteries.

Purchase a brand name battery that you can get service on most anywhere in the USA.

However, first follow RV Wizard's advice and get your current batteries checked out.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Don't overlook some of the automotive chain stores. When I changed mine - stayed with lead acid but went to Group 31 Deep Cycle Marine - I found the best price at O'Reilly Auto Parts. The batteries were made by Johnson Controls.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansill View Post
Happy Thanksgiving All,

I am contemplating the purchase of new house batteries. The chassis batteries are fairly new so I will not be replacing them. I have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution and I believe that I still have the original batteries to power my inverter. Where is the best place to purchase replacement batteries and have them installed. Should I head to the local Camping World store, or will the Sears automotive store suffice? I am also planning a trip to Florida in January and we may attend the Fleetwood Rally at Lazy Days. Should I hold off and get them there?

Thanks for your opinions.

Faith
i purchased my lifeline agm batteries from bd batteries online about 5 years ago. their price includes shipping. bd batteries are good people to deal with.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Online, Interstate will tell you where to buy batteries, if they have them in stock and prices. Also will let you specify as to your needs.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
CW would be my last choice, unless on sale, their prices are very high. I've had good luck with Wal Mart and Sams.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
just replaced 1 house bat on my 99 Beaver.. it had interstate u2200 6 volt golf cart bats.... one of the 4 had a bad cell and pucked battery acid all over... took 3 hours to cleanup the mess....
I bought only one because of christmas coming and I plan to
go acid mat so they will not run out of water again and they are sealed so hopefully no more mess... but check to see if your inverter has a agm or gel setting...
My Heart does. my new interstate was $100..
weird thing... the heart says the voltage is 12.5 but when I check the
6v bat is has 9.6v on each bat with shore power... started the engine
dash analog shows 14v digital silverleaf 13.9v heart shows 14v and the batteries are reading 10.8volts.ea.... Engine bats are group 31 from rural king and are 19.6 and 21.6 with engine running... 2 engine bats are in parrell and 4 house is in series...
Do I have a charging problem?
TDiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just put in 2 Costco 6 volt golf cart batteries in today. $89.00 with core. I plan on trading up Moho in 2 years, so I hope my new batteries will last. They sure are heavy.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
problem solved.... my car bat just tested 18.2v... checked a AA bat and it was 2.2 volts.... Guess my rubber bumper on the Sears tester finally met its match...
Time for a new volt meter... phew... i was thinking new Heart inverter....
I am soo embarassed... but happy...
TDiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #13

When we got our rig in July 2010, there was a very tired single 12V battery powering the house systems. The battery tray was the right size for two of the same case size. We purchased deep-cycle RV/Marine batteries from Costco for somewhere around $70 apiece. The fitted in just fine and the additional in-parallel wiring was a snap with cables from NAPA.

Still working just fine - haven't even lifted the battery box cover open since I put them in, but will be doing a check on them before the new season.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #14

Just returned from Sams club. I wanted to check out their 6 volt batteries. They now carry Duracell. They offer a GC2@215 AH for $79 and a Duracell EGC2@230 AH for $85. I honestly do nor know much about Duracell batteries but they are made by East Penn Co. Good price if they are a descent battery.

pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries