Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #1

Where to list my Class A for sale

I am selling a 08 Allegro Fred. I have listed it on iRV2 but wonder which other sites I might need to consider. RVUSA, RVTrader, RVSearch..... which are better? others? thanks
salisbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
RV Trader did it for us. Sold in less than three weeks. Good luck!
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:37 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I swear by Craigslist. I've sold two of them via CL and neither took a long time. I had an older class C that I was able to sell in the winter time in Vermont ... and made money on it. We sold our class A on CL also.

All that said it is more about how you advertise versus where. Craigslist has my favorite price. FREE. They also permit 24 pictures and as far as i can figure there is no amount of data you can input. No matter where you decide to advertise make sure you include as much information as possible. Remember that some people that are searching are new to RV'ing. Describe in detail all the things that you would look for in your next motor home. Give the mileage. Give the model number. Advertising it as a Fleetwood Bounder leaves out a lot of info. Give the year and state that it is a 34J. Obviously that is just an example but it baffles me how some try to sell their motor homes. Give the age of your tires. That info is readily available and it is a question I have always asked.

Make sure that when you take photos that it is free of junk. Can't tell you how many I've seen with boxes, blankets, folding chairs and just plain junk all over the place in the photo. Very uninviting and it screams (to me at least) that you don't really care that much about what you are selling.

Pricing it is tough. They are generally worth a lot more to the current owner than they are to the prospective buyer. Do your research and find out the value and price it accordingly. Make the listed price attractive but leave room to negotiate. Everyone wants a deal. If you can meet at an acceptable dollar amount, then you are both happy.

The short of it for me is Craigslist, photos, description and a fair price.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Remember it's free on IRV2 in the classifieds as well. Good luck on your sale.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
How do I access the classified section of IRV2?
jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #6
Community Administrator

It's on the yellow tool bar accessible from the full site and not the app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1480284332.340862.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	145452
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post
How do I access the classified section of IRV2?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I think RVTrader.com is the best site out there! They will list your RV for up to a year for $75, and allow you 50 photos!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll second RV Trader. They have an excellent national website. There is also a site called RVT.com where you can list it for free for 30 days with 10 photos. We sold our previous coach via that site. There is also reliable old Craigslist. 45 days with up to 24 photos. Down side is that you need to bump it up manually every three days for it to get seen. If you don't it just falls further and further behind.

Good Luck whatever route(s) you take.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #9

Just sold our '99 Lazy Daze on rvtrader.com. I paid the $75 which enabled me to upload 50 photos plus a video. I wasn't getting many inquiries so I self-prepared a walk through video of my rv using my ipad. It was a bit tricky getting it uploaded, the file was too large, but I split it in 2 and then it worked. I uploaded part 1 and provided a you tube link for part 2. It sold the coach!
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #10

I too had good success with RV Trader, both buying and selling. In your case, I would do the $75 option and make use of the video option. Also, the FRED is much less common the the gas versions, so nationwide exposure might be very helpful.
I was somewhat intrigued by that specific rig after chatting with an owner of one in a campground, so I took notice of your irv2 listing. I looked up the nada values and the average retail was $48 k, low retail $40k, your price is $60 k, so you have a challenge. You also have an advantage with indoor barn storage if the rig really shows it, I would work that angle and show a pic or video of the rig in the barn with door open. Also you need better and more photos, get the rig out of the shade so it shows better. If the gel coat still has a nice gloss take pictures at an angle that really shows it off along with the full side shots. When I took interior photos I used my iPhone and had all interior lights on. I had many comments about how it appeared in really good shape for the year which was 2004. Close ups of the seats and carpet if they are nice goes a long way too.
I even phoned Tiffen and found that they quit making the FRED with Cummins motor in 2009 due to the new emissions rules. If someone is looking for it they can only go used, and perhaps more willing to travel to purchase one. Good luck.
Dave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:39 AM   #11

thanks for the replys..... I did price it on NADA.....and came up with 57 to 69K....

It has been a great 1st RV for me.... I just didn't want a gas and needed to keep the length short so I could tow my 24 featherlite box trailer and race car (less than 5000 pounds total). NC has a max of 60ft.
salisbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:08 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Craigslist worked for me as well - I advertised as 'Local Sale Only' to discourage the scammers. Also you may consider that here in the North East, spring time works best for selling - winter for buying .
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by salisbury View Post
I am selling a 08 Allegro Fred. I have listed it on iRV2 but wonder which other sites I might need to consider. RVUSA, RVTrader, RVSearch..... which are better? others? thanks
WE sold our Class A very quickly on RVTRADER. Also FOUND another unit via the same site. I am sold on RVTRADER!
kayserc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #14

Craigslist is the way to go. I live in NE Oklahoma, but place ads in Tulsa, Dallas, KC and OKC with good pictures/description AND my name and phone number to answer questions.

The last class A I sold on Craigslist was sold to a couple in far eastern Arkansas that saw my ad in the Dallas Craigslist ad.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, sale