Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
Joe..... Just pick up a couple of round SS cable clamps, either rubber insulated or fully coated, sized for your ladder. Any good hardware will have several different types. Sorry for the blurry pic of my ladder-- you can only blow these up so much.

Thanks John, but I found my ladder is not wide enough for those! The plaque goes all the way from outside to outside on the ladder!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLikeIts-99 View Post
MS Happy Camper explains a couple of benefits, but as a member for a couple years, the biggest benefit to me is their magazine is nice to read. Keeps me going in between RV trips.

My RV club is an FMCA club so i had to join, had it not been, probably wouldn't have. I am a little younger than most RVers (36). I have found FMCA to be more geared towards the retired crowd. Having two little ones under 6, I've yet to see a FMCA motorhome with someone in my similar family situation. We look, kind of a spot the endangered species game in the RV parks of Florida. (We don't count grandkids out for the weekend with grandma & grandpa.)

They are an exclusive "motorhome" club which i find to be the main reason for the lack of younger families, as younger families tend to be more into the travel trailer/5th wheel thing.

In conclusion, I'm not knocking them for what they are, maybe just that I don't really fit into their niche.
spot the endangered species... that's pretty funny...

I'm 43 and my wife is 30 and we have a 5 and 3 year old. We too are FMCA members and Thor Diesel Club members and are amongst the youngest in our club. You are right we don't come across many our age in FMCA or with DP's.

As already mentioned the Michelin discount is a great advantage of FMCA but also the FMCAssist is awesome. Especially because my wife does not drive the coach and if i'm injured (or worse) they will have someone drive our coach home and the many other benefits they offer.

wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
spot the endangered species... that's pretty funny...

I'm 43 and my wife is 30 and we have a 5 and 3 year old. We too are FMCA members and Thor Diesel Club members and are amongst the youngest in our club. You are right we don't come across many our age in FMCA or with DP's.

As already mentioned the Michelin discount is a great advantage of FMCA but also the FMCAssist is awesome. Especially because my wife does not drive the coach and if i'm injured (or worse) they will have someone drive our coach home and the many other benefits they offer.

I mentioned earlier about them getting the coach home "at no cost". I may have been in error on that. Seems I remember them telling me on the phone that you will have to pay for a plane ticket to get the driver back home. Anyone know for sure on this?

Old 07-03-2015, 09:27 AM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I found what I thought was the perfect location for the "egg", but the DW hates it! It's attached using double-sided tape. I have to figure out some way to attach it to the ladder! The white splotches to the left of the plaque are reflections.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
I used a piece of 1"x1/8" aluminum bar and some "U" clamps and nuts and bolts to mount it off to the side of the ladder like this. The bar comes iin a 2 or 3 foot length at your local big box store. The hardware was stainless to aid in removal plus no rust.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150703_211555.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	99107  
Old 07-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine stays in a box on a shelf in a closet... FMCA is a good membership, IMHO. But I don't feel a burning need to display the 'egg'.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Thanks John, but I found my ladder is not wide enough for those! The plaque goes all the way from outside to outside on the ladder!
Well John, I used the clamps you suggested, along with a piece of 1/8 x 3/4 flat aluminum and some stainless steel screws & locknuts, and made it fit my ladder. The DW is a happy camper again!

Now I gotta figure out how to get the other plaque off that I mounted with the double-sided tape! That stuff is STRONG!

Old 07-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The kids told her that the egg on the ladder is a safety hazard. It worked! She had me take it off!

Old 07-15-2015, 08:31 PM   #23

Quote:
The kids told her that the egg on the ladder is a safety hazard. It worked! She had me take it off!
I have to ask. Why is it a safety hazard?
Old 07-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #24
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I have to ask. Why is it a safety hazard?

It wasn't really, because I placed it where there was plenty of room between the step and the plaque above. They were telling her that I might hang my foot on the plaque and fall. That was their way of convincing her that the one in the center attached with the double-sided tape looked much better on the coach!

Old 07-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #25

Quote:
It wasn't really, because I placed it where there was plenty of room between the step and the plaque above. They were telling her that I might hang my foot on the plaque and fall. That was their way of convincing her that the one in the center attached with the double-sided tape looked much better on the coach!
That's why I mounted mine like I did
Old 07-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Ha Ha - enlisted the kids to win a 'discussion' with the wife... I NEVER have done that, never ....
Old 07-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Actually Joe, they could be right. Did you "test climb" with the egg in place? The "official" ladder mount for the egg is offset a few inches to the rear of the ladder. At any rate, I'm glad you got it resolved.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Actually Joe, they could be right. Did you "test climb" with the egg in place? The "official" ladder mount for the egg is offset a few inches to the rear of the ladder. At any rate, I'm glad you got it resolved.

Yep, I did "test climb", and it would not have been a problem, but I like it much better in the center of the coach!