Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
csp

Monaco Owners Club
where to sit while on the road?????

I have a good question. I just happen to notice that behind each couch and at the kitchen table there are stickers that say seat is not sat in while vehicle is in motion. Do I stick the kids in the under storage or do I put them in a cabinets? Do all coaches have these same stickers?
Chris
csp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
If there are no seat bgelts then the sticker is required. Adding seatbelts is another matter. They must be ancored to the floor not the sofa,

Dick
Old 11-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #3
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
If there are no seat bgelts then the sticker is required. Adding seatbelts is another matter. They must be ancored to the floor not the sofa,

Dick
...and the sofa itself must be properly anchored to the floor.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
In some states, all occupants of a vehicle must wear seat belts, not just front seat passengers. I found this out the hard way, in the rear seat of a mini bus...
tmh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #5

Frankly I prefer to put the kids in the basement. Otherwise, I've found they fall out when you open the cabinet doors if you put them in the overhead cabinets. Kind of like when you open the overhead cabinets after a bumpy airline flight. Another option is strapping them to the rear ladder with the lawn chairs.

Wow, talk about cranky!

Aside from checking with your dealer about which seats should be used for transporting abbreviated passengers, you should only use the seats with seatbelts while in motion. Unless you're like us and took out the jack-knife and replaced it with 2 comfortable Lazy-Boys which we hold in place while in motion with the seat belts (much better use). DO NOT USE SEATBELTS TO HOLD DOWN CHILDREN AND CHAIRS AT THE SAME TIME.

It's probably best to disregard most all of the above.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
rek

I would like to add seat belts to the small couch but don't know how to bolt the belts to the floor. Not sure where it's safe to drill holes in floor????
Old 11-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Most seat belts in coaches are mounted under a sofa. The kids have to sit sideways and I question the safety of the belts. It is something the industry should work on.
Corvette Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
My kids have harness attached to hard points under the couch. This allows them to stand up and turn around while keeping them secure and out of the way while in motion. OK they are Fur-Kids but they count too don't they.
mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
My Winnebago has that same statement behind a couch with seat belts. I figured it was a CYA sticker.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My 2008 Winnebago had seat belts for the sofa, and the dinette. I dont' have any kids and I don't want yours. (unless they come with a lot of money.)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote