Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #1

Where to wash an RV.

So I don't have a driveway. Cannot pull onto property.

I can park on the street in front of my house.
I want to wash and clean/power wash roof to reseal it. (Definitely needs to be done)

I do live in Portland so this is a very residential street. Essentially a one car can go down and if there are 2. Someone has to pull over to let the other pass. (Just creating the visuals here)

I don't want to pressure wash the roof and get all the chips and white streaks from the edpm roof all over the street or worse in the city drains.

Anyone have a suggestion on a place I could do this work? Don't have a friend or family member with facilities to do this.
Bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #2

Our storage facility has a wash station...basically just a hose with fresh water. You might want to talk to your storage facility about what they have. Sometimes facilities will have a place to wash but not advertise it.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I've had good results with https://bluebeacon.com/locations/listing/portland-or
Old 12-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
Our storage facility has a wash station...basically just a hose with fresh water. You might want to talk to your storage facility about what they have. Sometimes facilities will have a place to wash but not advertise it.
Nothing. Just a storage lot
Old 12-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Just called. Only wash. And just the sides. $44 if I remember. Not bad price. But won't solve my roof. They don't pressure wash there or allow me to. Worth it after I redo the roof though.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Where to Pressure Wash MH

You do not display what kind of rig you have so this is just a standard suggestion.

Fill your fresh water tank. Load your pressure washer into the basement.

Drive to a roadside pull out in a suitable rural area.

Connect the Pressure Washer to your outside water faucet.

Start the Generator.

Wash the rig.......

You will be dropping something on the ground that would arrive there at some later time anyway.

Note: Commercial wash stations need to have permits for water discharge.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #7

Not from around Portland but some some diy carwashes have tall outdoor washes. If room to get around in your rig.If so should have plenty of pressure to wash a roof.you may want to take help to switch you from soap to rinse.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbafett View Post
I can park on the street in front of my house.
I want to wash and clean/power wash roof to reseal it. (Definitely needs to be done)
I don't want to pressure wash the roof and get all the chips and white streaks from the edpm roof all over the street or worse in the city drains.
Anyone have a suggestion on a place I could do this work? Don't have a friend or family member with facilities to do this.
I get the narrow streets issue. Is your roof really that bad/nasty that it will trash the streets with debris?
What are your local laws about doing this in a residential area, how about what you can put down the drains??
Why not do this on a rainy day, or just hose down the street when your done? I appreciate your concerns about the environment and all but people [and I'm sure the City of Portland] do lots worse then what your planning on doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Not from around Portland but some some diy carwashes have tall outdoor washes. If room to get around in your rig.If so should have plenty of pressure to wash a roof.you may want to take help to switch you from soap to rinse.
If my above statement was to offence, then do this. Good Luck
TajMahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #9

Yeah. The Black is starting to show through on the roof. And the white streaks are on windshield and side from oxidation..definitely need to recoat.

Not sure what will come off the roof, never pressure washed it before. Just don't want it all over the street or neighbors cars.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbafett View Post
Not sure what will come off the roof, never pressure washed it before. Just don't want it all over the street or neighbors cars.
Then it sounds like your going to the car wash, hope the car wash guy doesn't get mad at you for trashin out the bay.
TajMahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Just Google "self service truck wash Portland". Lots of hits all over town. Then click on the websites for each. There are some I have used, (not in Portland or I would name it), That have cat walks on both sides of the bay so you can wash the roof without getting on a ladder.

Blue Beacon was about $75 when I used them and it was the worst wash I have ever had, and my rig is well waxed so it should not have been difficult to get clean. They do not scrub it, just use pressure washers and strong chemicals that are made for aluminum sided semi trailers. Not a good choice for an RV in my opinion.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #12

We washed our entire coach including the roof at the CG we just left about 2 weeks ago. I use my electric power washer with a foam canon to wash. Could of used it on the roof if it needed it, but I keep our roof clean all the time with regular washings.

We FT and we always just wait till we land at a CG that allows washings. Which is about 75% of them. We also don't do this in high traffic holidays. We wait till everybody leaves and goes back to work.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #13

Problems with blue beacon they use a acid mix you have to be sure to tell them NO ACID
D1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #14

Search for "auto detailers". It might be expensive but they are experienced in cleaning/detailing vehicles. Should not be too much of a stretch for them to wash the top also...under your supervision.