Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #1

Who has added a clock to their RV?

As we get more and more into retirement and life, I'm finding I have trouble knowing the day of the week and time of day. I don't mind that until I promise to meet someone for dinner or an outing, like last week when we had a 'holy crap' moment when people were about to arrive and we were still in our jammies.

As built, our coach has no clock that's (a) readily visible without reading glasses, and (b) survives having main power turned off. I've seen some nifty looking "atomic" wall clocks on Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B017KNVM...SPWE5BK6&psc=1) that are battery powered, set themselves to WWV time broadcasts, and are big enough to read without the cheater glasses.

So here's the question - anyone have experience with these? A make/model that you just love? Were they a problem to hang on a wall? Do batteries have a reasonable life?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2018, 07:18 PM   #2

Sorry can't even venture a guess

When I retired got rid of ALL clocks/watches and almost the calendars.

What day is it........I worked 12 hr rotating shifts and didn't know which day was which when I worked so not knowing is nothing out of the ordinary for me

There are some really nice stand alone clocks.....even ones with weather/temperatures etc.

3M Command Strips are GREAT for mounting items.
We used them to hang 40# pictures on walls of our 5th wheel and we were FT traveling...no issues
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #3

I mounted a walmart clock above the bedroom TV with big numbers so I can see the time without having to lift my head off the pillow. (now that is lazy)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BedroomClock.JPG
Views:	683
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	193110  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #4

Have one on the wall of the slide in the main room. Can't read in the dark, but I am asleep!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I mounted a $10 Walmart clock on the wall over the sofa. Its a plain analog clock with a nickel finish that matches the light fixtures. I mounted it with a 3M Command hook, and a strip of velcro to hold it tight to the wall.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
,,, What I'm about to say is going to go over like a lead brick ..but here goes anyway

I use my phone .

What time is it? Lift phone, tells me.
Or "Hey siri, what time is it?"

Need to remember something?

"Hey Siri, remind me that The Smatterhorns are coming over on Tuesday at 8"

Or now,

"Ok google, remind me that The Smatterhorns are coming over on Tuesday at 8"
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #7

Best wall clock I've ever bought about 5 yrs ago is from Ikea for $.99. The clock is very accurate in keeping time.
Was hanging in my guest room at home but transfered it to the MH. If and when it goes out, then I'll buy another from Ikea again.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
Community Moderator

i installed a clock but beyond a clock on the wall between the kitchen and the sofa on the main slide. it displays time, date, interior temp, and exterior temp. the exterior temp requires a wired sensor to be at outside, i didn't do it. that space is always filled with dashes ----. it's battery powered, a battery lasts for a year.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I installed a $10 clock I bought at Target on the side wall of one of my slides. Velcro tabs hold it in place and I change the battery every 2 years.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #10

We have an "atomic" clock in the S&B. It sits on a dresser. Brought it home, plugged it in, and haven't done anything with it since. Probably going on 3 or 4 years now. Never has the wrong time and never blinks at you when the power goes off. I can't tell you how long the batteries last since our power only goes off for a very short time on occasion. It is SmartSet by Emerson.
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #11

A clock came with my unit mounted between two overhead cabinet doors. It is probably a 9 inch round Walmart special. It has two screws that it spin latches onto and it has never come loose. It's gold trimmed and my fiancé hates it.

It doesn't work well. It looses time. About an hour a day. Sometimes a little less. But I reset it every time we head out. It's not a battery issue. It just doesn't want to keep time. And I have never even thought of replacing it.

There is no need for a clock at the race track. If you hear the track sweeper, or an engine starting up in the paddock while still in bed. You've overslept.

And bed time is when the camp fire starts to go out and you're too tired to put another piece of wood on...
Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #12

I've always put an inexpensive wall clock in our RV's, the kind that uses one AA battery. I get them from Walmart or Big Lots or wherever I find one I like. Current one is a $6.00 clearance sale Westclock from either Big Lots or Bed Bath and Beyond I don't remember. When they quit working, I toss it and get another one. Batteries last about 2 years. Think we're on our 3rd one in 20 years of RVing.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #13

We have atomic clock. Sometimes it looses sync when traveling across country, but when stopped resyncs in a day. We keep it on the time at our home, not current location.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:29 PM   #14

Sam's Club had these for about $30. Time/Day + inside out temp and humidity. Also has alerts (I don't set those. ) The light is also dimmable or off and it is also battery powered so no loss of setting when A/C power shut off.

I used those removeable sticky hooks to mount it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clock.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	193122  
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote