Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Who's your insurance??

I have Allied and every year the rates go up; 10% the first time and 30% this time. 'Ryan' said there have been alot of claims here in Utah, even tho' there has been none from me except a rock chip in the windshield. Add to all this the mh is depreciating every year, meaning they are less at risk this year than last. I don't get it.

So, I'm rewarding their loyalty to me with the same loyalty to them. Who you got and how you like them? I got me some calling/emailing to do.

TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2017, 06:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
I have Allied and every year the rates go up; 10% the first time and 30% this time. 'Ryan' said there have been alot of claims here in Utah, even tho' there has been none from me except a rock chip in the windshield. Add to all this the mh is depreciating every year, meaning they are less at risk this year than last. I don't get it.

So, I'm rewarding their loyalty to me with the same loyalty to them. Who you got and how you like them? I got me some calling/emailing to do.
Watching this. In the same boat.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:31 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You know I just went through the same thing. I have Allied but it's actually Nationwide. My rates have gone up every year. I called them yesterday when my renewal came in and I was told the same as you, they raise rates to cover all claims in my area. They also told me that I'm grandfathered because they now only
insure coaches 35' and under and I'm at 38'. I shopped around and did get a rated $145 a year cheaper but I have full replacement which has one year left. I also spoke with FMCA insurance and they recommended I stay with what I have because they offer the lowest rates in NC. I found the cheaper rate by googling. Shop around good.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Insurance

I have National Interstate and have for 13 years. Had several windshields and side window replaced over years and they paid out with no hassles. Seems like good rates too. Highly recommend. Oh, and have not raised rates in years.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:13 AM   #5

Just renewed ours with Progressive last month. The premium actually went down last year (a first for me) but this renewal showed a slight increase. It jumped a whole $17 for the year. Needless to say, i didn't hesitate to renew.

Will add that our policy is for ACV and that we aren't fulltiming. Haven't had any claims but i feel comfortable that things will be taken care of if ever needed.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
You might want to get a quote from Foremost. We have a great price and service.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys. Lots of good stuff

My results so far for our 2006 Safari Cheetah 40PMT. I cannot discuss policy limits, but lets say our current policy has good limits:
Geico has our motorcycle policy. Add the mh to a similar policy for $1200/yr.
Usaa has our vehicles policy. Add the mh to an upgraded policy for 889/yr
Usaa uses Progressive but there are special discounts for Usaa members as tho we were current Progressive policyholders.

Gonna try National Interstate next. Foremost after that. Stay tuned.....
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Hartford was cheaper for me. Even switched the stick house over from Pemco which I've had since 1968. Saved about $1,500 total after all was done.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:

State Farm. Current premium ($500 collision deductible/$0 comprehensive deductible) for 2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q is roughly $1100 p/y. Our premium actually dropped a bit...$18...this year.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks guys. Lots of good stuff

My results so far for our 2006 Safari Cheetah 40PMT. I cannot discuss policy limits, but lets say our current policy has good limits:
Geico has our motorcycle policy. Add the mh to a similar policy for $1200/yr.
Usaa has our vehicles policy. Add the mh to an upgraded policy for 889/yr
Usaa uses Progressive but there are special discounts for Usaa members as tho we were current Progressive policyholders.

Gonna try National Interstate next. Foremost after that. Stay tuned.....
Had Geico for a good while and can tell you that their service is great! Only thing for us was that the premiums kept creeping up, finally to the point that we had to shop somewhere else. They've invited us back a few times but the quotes are always much higher than what we're paying now.

On Hartford, i went to them with the automobiles a few years back. Saved a bunch of money the first year but the following renewal jumped over $400. This with no changes to policy and no accidents or claims.

Sure would be nice if insurance companies could give you a price and try to stick close to it. Yea, i know costs will have to go up sooner or later but not with every renewal and certainly not so drastically.

As stated above, Progressive is who we have now. Started with them in 2009 and the premium has only gone up $54 since. I sure can't complain about that..
Old 06-24-2017, 03:18 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
and I should have added that your premium will be based not only on your driving record, claims record, age, type and value of the vehicle, deductible chosen, options chosen but also your zip code. when comparing quotes be sure it's apple-to-apple. good luck.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance