Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Borderbuster View Post
I am going to be looking for your campsite from now on
X2 Can you post a picture of your rig and your travel itinerary?

04 Horizon QD, 12 Ford Flex, Excalibar, Brake-Pro, ,, Winter Texan, RVin! since 1974
Norm, Donna & Tinker Kat 74 MGB-GT, 75 MGB, 01 Z3
Life is a Timed Event, you only get One Go Around!
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by BarkerLovers View Post
My thoughts too.
We're just very frequent 'weekenders', but part of the fun is making it homey. We set out our rug, tablecloth, & chairs. No hook ups other than electric as we do state parks, just hit the dump station as needed.
We spend a good part of our time on the hiking trails with our 3 dogs, some just lounging outside,
and some inside watching tv after it gets chilly at night.

I'm guessing everyone has a different idea of why they love camping/RVing. If we walk thru the campground, we're usually just admiring anothers set-up; the whys have never entered our heads. lol!!!
Its just fun!

Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
For me it's a routine I enjoy. I prefer state parks so sewer is rarely an option and water more often not. We're weekend warriors to the camping world and get out a couple weekends each month so I do the same thing over and over ever other weekend.

But every other weekend, I put out rugs, setupmy XM boom box, roll out my awning, setup maybe 6 chairs in case I want to relax more or less depending on where I sit, hook up the wireless fence for my two dogs and adjust it then set out the flags, I have my coleman road trip mounted on a bay mounted slide that gets pulled out and setup. Then when I'm all done and we've cooked, ate, cleaned up after our dinner, I might decide to go inside, enjoy the AC and watch a DVD.

Why? Because this is America, I paid for it, and I can!
Why not?

40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

For overnight stays, we would just hook up electric. For a couple of nights, I'd usually put out the chairs and patio mat. For three or more nights, I'd go FHU and run the cords for our outdoor rope lights.

There were many times when I had to put away things which I hadn't used, but it is a routine I enjoy and it makes me feel more at home.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #18
Newmar Owners Club
No right way to set up camp-no wrong way to set up camp.
2002 KSDP
Joplin, MO
Randy125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #19

Originally Posted by Randy125 View Post
No right way to set up camp-no wrong way to set up camp.

That is the point here!
I have set up camp since the 1950s. I am a bit minimalist on short stays now. 😇

I like to watch the show from the folks that "frivolize" to announce presense. 😳

I encourage all to excercise their druthers. That makes us all different. Nifty, when you think about it.

Some dont give a hoot what others do. I find it all very interesting. While I am easily entertained, some are bored, others indifferent, some critical. I think they are missing a good time!

It is never a waste of time to folks that have been through the pipe a few times. Ignorance loves company. I love the variety of life.

Happy trails!
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #20

Carolina Campers

I do what I want to... I don't care about your set up routine, don't be concerned about mine. Don't get me wrong, I like advice, just not frivolous criticism without consideration that we each have our own routine. For instance, I use a macerator and really enjoy not using a stinky slinky, others take time to set up the stinky slinky each stop. Just do what you do and let me do what I do. If I ask you for help or advice, be a good Joe and help me understand a better way. Thanks.

I think it is your approach to the question, maybe your question should be a survey about setting up camp, or simply advise as to why you set up camp the way you do.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #21
WHY? Why would someone waste all that time watching another person set up?

I have better things to do with my time and personally I don't give a hoot about what they do with thiers.
Steven and Stephanie
2007 Winnebago Adventurer 38J
2008 Hyundai Elantra
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #22
I had to laugh 'cause it sounded like he was watching us.
G.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #23
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Words of wisdom

Like the great philosophers say -
"It's none of your business what people think of you"
2003 Winnebago WFG33V Adventurer - 8.1 Gas, Workhorse Chassis - Medium Titanium Metalic

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #24
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post
WHY? Why would someone waste all that time watching another person set up?

I have better things to do with my time and personally I don't give a hoot about what they do with thiers.

Could be he's married and knows how to take instructions.
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
Like the great philosophers say -
"It's none of your business what people think of you"
I like it! LOL! People-watchers beware: It's none of my business what you think! (Hint, hint). \ken
Ken & Deb (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, Harvest Hosts, and grateful volunteers with SOWERs)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/400ISL and Allison 3000MH on Freightliner's Evolution chassis, Onan QD7500, 1000w Renogy solar, BlueOx tow gear, and 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #26
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Prius drivers sneer at all of us in out 'giant' motorhomes!

When did you start developing xenophobia?
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #27

I guess some people do it because they can, and they want to. Practice makes perfect! If it's not a big deal to them, why should it be a big deal to me??
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #28
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
Even if we're just staying the night, I can have the power, water and SaniCon hose hooked up in less than five minutes. This gives me the ability to take a long hot shower, do the laundry or turn on the dishwasher. The water pressure is usually better at the campsite, again, a showering issue.

It's funny that you mention you're at Bryce. Several years ago we pulled into Watchman Campground at Zion. We had our Monaco Diplomat then and everything was easy to quick connect. We came around the loop to our site, I pulled up and positioned the motor home at the front of the site ready to back in. I got out as I usually do and did a quick survey of the site, connections and obstacles.

While I was surveying the site, a gentleman walked over and asked if he could help back me in. I thanked him, but told him I liked doing it by myself....no issues. I backed the coach in, extended the slides, dumped the air, leveled and started the sat dome up. This took just a couple of minutes. I went outside and connected the utilities and I was done.

The gentleman walked back over from his campsite and laughingly called me an "a&&hole". He was in a tent with a truck load of gear and said it took him over an hour to set up. I smiled and said, do you hear that humming.....he looked up.....I told him that was my satellite locking in and my TV was ready. We had a good laugh.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote