Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
41!! I see a diesel pusher in your future.
Coach number 3 might be a diesel pusher:-)

Another 13 years to go to retirement.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To me its all about usage model.

We had a 2002 37' Pace Arrow with two slides on F53 for several years. Once a month weekend use and a couple three 1 to 2 week vacations a year. Sold it a couple years ago and bought current 40' DP with four slides as retirement coach. Now traveling 6-8 months of the year.

If still in preretirement usage mode would still have the Pace Arrow.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
To me its all about usage model.

We had a 2002 37' Pace Arrow with two slides on F53 for several years. Once a month weekend use and a couple three 1 to 2 week vacations a year. Sold it a couple years ago and bought current 40' DP with four slides as retirement coach. Now traveling 6-8 months of the year.

If still in preretirement usage mode would still have the Pace Arrow.
I hear you on that. I like the idea of traveling 6 months a year in retirement:-)
Old 02-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #18

Have two 25 year old Miatas.
Newer ones are faster but I'm happy with the old ones.

Had the same pop-up for 25 years.
Only bought a new one because we were about to go on vacation and a spring broke. Couldn't get a part in time so bought a new pop-up.

The two daily drivers are 13 and 14 years old.
New cars have so many cool things but the old ones still work.

Just bought first and last motor home 1.5 years ago.

Going to the RV show in Novi Mi Saturday just for fun.
I plan to never replace the MH we have.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddykern View Post
Have two 25 year old Miatas.
Newer ones are faster but I'm happy with the old ones.

Going to the RV show in Novi Mi Saturday just for fun.
I plan to never replace the MH we have.
"Psst, hey mister. Over here. Just take a look at this beautiful diesel pusher. Can't you just imagine yourself in command of this spacious coach? Here, I'll just open the door . . . no, you don't have to go in, you can look from there. Oh, that button? That button automatically levels the coach for you. Well, sure, come aboard."
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:30 AM   #20

I'd like a new-er coach one day, but I'll never buy a new one. Let someone else take the first big depreciation hit and deal with all the warranty nightmares.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #21

There is no law that says you have to upgrade. If it does everything you need, then it is good enough.

We purchased our older coach a few years ago. We actually figured that it would be a "starter" motorhome. Now we like it so much that it will probably be our last. Sure there are lots of cool features in new models, but we too are comfortable with what works.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMH View Post
Hi,

We purchased our 2005 F53 Damon Daybreak in July 2016 to see if we would like the lifestyle.

I worked out today we will roughly drive our coach for 2500 miles this season and use it 8-10 time for total of about 35-40 nights.

Why should I even be bothering looking at newer coaches.
A 5 or 6 speed gear box (have 4 speed), auto jacks (have semi auto), electric awning, dual screen windows would be nice, but do I really need them.

:-)
I ask myself what will a newer MH do that this one won't always = cost $$$$$$$
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #23
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We like to go to the RV shows and see all the beautiful coaches, but we make sure to leave the checkbook at home!
Good thinking, I do the same. Went through a lot of new rigs in QZ this year and I have to say I was not too impressed with some in the 500 to 700K range. I'll probably keep my Camelot until the wheels fall off or I croak. With the installation of anti-sway kits front and rear, rear X bars on the trailing arms and best of all the Watts link on the front, it drives like a new caddy now.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
"Psst, hey mister. Over here. Just take a look at this beautiful diesel pusher. Can't you just imagine yourself in command of this spacious coach? Here, I'll just open the door . . . no, you don't have to go in, you can look from there. Oh, that button? That button automatically levels the coach for you. Well, sure, come aboard."
soooo true
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:31 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
There is no law that says you have to upgrade. If it does everything you need, then it is good enough.

We purchased our older coach a few years ago. We actually figured that it would be a "starter" motorhome. Now we like it so much that it will probably be our last. Sure there are lots of cool features in new models, but we too are comfortable with what works.
There's also nothing that says not to buy a new one if that is something you want to do, can do and choose to do. Industry data says that more are doing that today than ever before. We each have our MH's, new or not, for a myriad of personal reasons, all of which were valid and compelling at the time for each of us. Sounds to me like the OP is plenty satisfied with what he has today, but is also thinking out loud about his interests for his future. So yeah, he made a good choice for himself now and he's got his ticket to a lot of enjoyment. Someday, maybe "good enough" won't be a compelling item in his list of criteria for deciding on a replacement. If he chooses to buy new at some point, more power to him, no matter how arguments to the contrary are promoted.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:27 AM   #26

We looked at new coaches today. We really didn't see anything we liked that had the features that we already have. So I think we're just going to do some more upgrades on ours. We like having no motorhome payment.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
There's also nothing that says not to buy a new one if that is something you want to do, can do and choose to do. Industry data says that more are doing that today than ever before. We each have our MH's, new or not, for a myriad of personal reasons, all of which were valid and compelling at the time for each of us. Sounds to me like the OP is plenty satisfied with what he has today, but is also thinking out loud about his interests for his future. So yeah, he made a good choice for himself now and he's got his ticket to a lot of enjoyment. Someday, maybe "good enough" won't be a compelling item in his list of criteria for deciding on a replacement. If he chooses to buy new at some point, more power to him, no matter how arguments to the contrary are promoted.

Great post, I am dedinitley thinking out loud.
I suppose I could afford a new entry level class A sometime but would get a 5 year old mid level one.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:48 AM   #28

My wife & I went to the Houston RV show this week just to look around and see what's out there. It was very interesting and fun. I kept thinking looking at all the crowds of people, that anyone that comes here looking and then buys one of these so called "show specials" most of them have no idea all the additional money they're about to spend to make it actually work in real world situations.

Another thing that I notice too in most all these new coaches is all the electronic bling. I look at all that stuff and think, "wow, I wonder how much more battery power we'll need to power all that stuff boon docking"? Oh, and just more stuff to break and fix.

However, we did see a new Thor Palazzo that had a booth table top that we really liked. I'm going to order it from Thor and replace our table top on our existing metal frame.

And yeah, our MH & Toad is paid for too and that's a beautiful thing. Being debt free is truly the definition of freedom IMO.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote