Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #1

Has anyone taken out pass side window on adventure 33 workhorse chassie 2003 window has fogged and needs to be replaced Thanks for all the help Myride
Myride is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #2

Has anyone taken out pass side window on adventure 33 workhorse chassie 2003 window has fogged and needs to be replaced Thanks for all the help Myride
Myride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I feel your pain MYRIDE as my pass side has done the same, on a 02
adventure. But it is not growing anything, NOW!!! And I was sort
of waiting for another window or two to fog, and then move on it.
Maybe even trade ... TENN.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 AM   #4
paz

Myride, welcome to irv2!

I haven't removed a window from an Adventurer, but I have removed windows on an RV we used to have to re-seal them. Carefully cut into the caulking on the outside of the window with a sharp knife such as a box cutter. Cut parallel to the RV body into the joint. Then remove the screws from the frame on the inside and remove the frame.

You will need a helper for the next step. One of you will push the window from the inside and the other will hang on to the window from the outside. Be aware, the windows can be heavy. Start pushing from the bottom of the window. It usually has less caulk than the top. If it doesn't come out right away, try cutting deeper into the caulk on the outside. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #5

I have this same problem on two forward windows on both drive and passenger side. Gets so bad in winter time difficult to see right hand mirror. I will be interested to see some more input on this problem. Local glass company says it would be expensive to repair. I have reported it to the National Traffic Safety government agency. So far no reply, other than they have recorded the complaint. It should be a re-call item IMHO.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #6

myride,

Mine had to be replaced, not due to fogging, but to a BB (the upper rectangular glass piece). The Bago factory would not replace the one piece, only the whole unit. $818 in 2005. I had $250 ded, insurance picked up the rest.

I kept the old unit, thinking I could try & replace it myself for another day. First, it is very heavy. Second, the way it is all assembled with that black goo, hard to separate without breaking the other pieces, IMHO. After several hours I tossed it into the dumpster at the GNR.

Maybe a good glass shop could do it, but my guess is it would cost more than your deductable, unless yours is high. The rectangular window glass itself was $125.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #7
paz

Just a caution to anyone thinking about replacing a window in a motor home yourself. Especially if you are replacing just the glass and not the whole window, or if you are buying a replacment window from a source other than the manufacturer of the motor home, make sure they know it is going into a vehicle. All glass in a vehicle in which you will ride (i. e., a motor home and NOT an trailer) should be tempered glass (except the windshield, which will be laminated glass).
paz is offline   Reply With Quote