Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Window Seal Coming Loose Between Glass Panes

As you can see in the photo, the seal is coming loose between the glass panes on my coaches storm windows. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions about how to fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20101211_123848.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	7162  

1998 Beaver Monterey 36
300 Cat & Allison 6 spd
Looking forward to retirement so I can get busy...
Sandcassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Originally Posted by Sandcassle View Post
As you can see in the photo, the seal is coming loose between the glass panes on my coaches storm windows. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions about how to fix?
I have three. First, my son who is in windows business said it was not a problem for me as I never go cold climates so its just the looks.

There has been a discussion of this here regarding a guy in Florida who fixes this problem, short of replacing the window.

And then about a guy in Oregon, Dave Root. I have been in contact with Dave and hoping he will come to CA or Arizona this winter and I can have him fix min.

He is at Dave Root Rv Glass Repair

Search the messages here and find these discussions.

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
Country Coach Owners Club
I have watched Dave Root in action. He does a first class job. If he isn't handy to you, just Google "window seal repair" or something like that and you will find numerous repair facilities on both coasts.

If you are in Quartzsite this winters rv show, you will find some repair guys there also.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Very Interesting; I'm having The Passenger side windshild Replaced on our Ultimate, The drivers side window Is cloudy In my line of vision when i look to my left; The insurance company was on the line with the glass installer and Me; The insurance person{woman} said the glass would be covered. Well in has 4 Insulated windows in the complete frame ;; I stopped at Roy Robinson. He looked it up, The drivers side window With frame , complete Is near $3200.00 with shipping and TAX. The windows by them selves are near $400.00 each , I am going to have it done as it is a Safety Issue not being able to see to my left. but man that's pricie.;;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0389.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	7163  
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
$250-$400 is the going rate to replace each window pane. The better shops are closer to $250-$300 and may give a volume discount for a set.

The Florida shop is Suncoast Design Center in Hudson Fl. and they get about $250 each. Lazydays RV in Tampa also does it in their glass shop. And in Searcy, Arkansas, there is RV Fog Doctor.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
I had my windows repaired recently by RV Fog Dr. in Searcy,Arkansas. They did an excellent job and I will use them next time. Google RVFOGDR.com

flash1942 is offline   Reply With Quote