Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I've seen posts mentioning various businesses who will repair double pane windows which have begun to leak but don't think I've ever seen a post about taking them apart to clean the inside of the panes. They really need some sort of remanufacturing process to keep condensation out.

Rick
I placed a description with pictures into the Files-Exterior section here on IRV2....titled fogged window repair. Maybe it will help.

Fred

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I am lucky and have only single pain windows. Wash interior side go outside and wash exterior window.
Sorry couldn't resists,
Tim
Single pane windows
Sorry, couldn't resist!

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:26 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
LOLOLOL good catch Sir,
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:57 AM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
LOLOLOL good catch Sir,
Well, if they lose their seal they are then a pain in the ... so maybe pain is correct at times!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:28 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I see you are in Yuma.

If you go to Quartzsite in the next couple weeks there is a guy repairing dual windows and he has a couple hookups next to his business where you can stay while the windows are being fixed.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:29 AM   #20

How is it we can put a man on the moon, but we can't make a duel pane window that won't fog over a relatively short time? Also, why hasn't the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration forced a recall on these windows, especially the drivers side window?
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:34 AM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Cooper View Post
I placed a description with pictures into the Files-Exterior section here on IRV2....titled fogged window repair. Maybe it will help.

Fred

Ipad doesn't let you post the link but this thread is what I used to take mine apart, clean the panes and reassemble. My understanding is the spacer used is made with desiccant incorporated into it. It is really quite a process and nerve racking on assembly. I was worried sick I would get all back together and installed and still see a streak that I missed. I have never cleaned windows as much as I did those! Lol! It did look great when I got finished. 👍👍

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Old 01-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #22

I have a question about the passanger side of window. I have a half side slide window that will not close all the way and I have to put tape on it to keep rain out. Do I have to take the whole window out to fix it or can it be fixed in the motorhome. 1990 Pace Arrow
Old 01-30-2015, 01:53 PM   #23

Gulf Streamers Club
Try lifting the sliding half out of it's track so you can clean and lubricate the track and the sliding window.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #24

I found the problem someone cut a pieces of glass to short because the window would lock so that showed me the window was as far back as it would go. So I took the window out made a Template out of cardboard put it in there and it fix. I then took the cardboard back out and cut a piece of wood and put in there untill I can get a piece of glass cut which I am fining hard to fine. No one will cut a piece of glass because it has to be a safety glass. Help anyone
Old 02-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #25

Gulf Streamers Club
Getting tempered (safety) glass is tough, it has to be cut and prepped before being 'baked' to be tempered. If the side that is too short is a straight edge, you might add an aluminum window trim piece to it to make it long enough to close out rain. Make sure the glass in question is really safety glass and wasn't a cheap replacement piece. Try taking it to a good glass shop and explain the issue, maybe they can supply a strip that will fix the issue. You could also call some of these salvage yards and see if they have a matching glass:

http://www.myrvparks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656

Other possibility is to see if original window manufacturer is still in business.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #26

I had no problem getting tempered glass when I rebuilt my window. Just took it to the local glass shop and they measured and developed a sketch of the window size, corner radius, and thickness. They then ordered from another company that produced the tempered glass to size and shipped it back to the local company. I had it in hand in 3 days.

A suggestion: Google "custom tempered glass" and you'll get a long list of companies that you can order from.

I hope this info helps.

Fred
Old 03-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #27

window pane back in

were do I get gaskets to seal the pane back in...I have spend 100.00 dollars and still don't have the right gaskets to seal the pane in!! Can't silcone them in because of the weep holes...
Old 03-06-2015, 12:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Cooper View Post

Fred
Great write up Fred. Thanks!

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window